Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elise Front Tyres 2012 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elise Front Tyres 2012

I understand that Yokohama Advan Neova 175/55/R16 Front tyres are no longer available, however, I have seen a recommendation to use 165 instead.

I would be most grateful for any information on what tyres to purchase to replace my Yokohama Advan Neova 175/55/R16.

Regards John

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

The 175 was introduced to promote some understeer in the car - or rather reduce oversteer / number of S1s written off in ditches.

I would absolutely not go down to 165.

Factory recommended replacement for the AD07 is Yokohama V105, with 195 on the front.

With ensuring your suspension geometry is setup correctly also.

Dave

It is safe to use the 195 width on the standard rims. 

I have the V105s on my 2003 s2 Elise and they are a good all-round tyre. Not the grippiest in the dry at high speed but still good in the winter when it's cold and in the wet.

• Gold FFM

@design4p as deanb says, there are no issues with 195s on the standard OE 5.5 inch width rims. I have V105s fitted all round on standard rims (and geo done at the same time). See a photos of the V105s on my Elise on this other thread:

Included on that thread is an excerpt from the Service Notes regarding tyre sizes and mixing the diffrent versions of Yokohama tyres. I used the tyre dimensions for the Elise 220 for the V10s fitted to my car even though it is an early 189hp 2ZZ powered Elise R S3.

• Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png