Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AEG next meeting - 2nd Oct - Page 3 - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AEG next meeting - 2nd Oct

simonf

Which route were you planning on coming by

You can join our convoy in Garbollisham then! Makes perfect sence as you are the only Norfolk AEG (part of the LEF group) member that knows where the flock Ixworth is :question:

Incidently, why is it that this emoticon ... :question: ..always reminds me of Kimbers ?

:thumbsup: I don't know you tell me. My emoticons are back in business! got a whole new lot!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup: I don't use it too much do I? :question:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

It just has the air of someone who's up to no good !! :thumbsup:

:question:

Keep off the straight and narrow

NMEG have these cards (courtesy of Howard) with LEF address them.

We are a web based club so we don't have a phone number.

We hand them out as and when, so good idea to carry a stock.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Its just a pre bought blank with some text and a graphic,

nmegcardscan.jpg

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Those cars you saw Buddsy were likely to be foreigners, just in the county for Kimbers birthday bash :lol:;);):)

The black car is mine, the blue car is Peters and the white car is Cliffs S4s. They were in the Hill House and I was in the Green Dragon :unworthy:

You should have come and said hello!

I am working on getting 10,000 forum business cards printed which will have the LEF info and space on the back to write who you are so you can meet up with other local owners. Watch this space, should be done in a week or two :thumbsup:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Yes Buddsy, my party which you were going to attend?????!!!!! :unworthy:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Kimbers you're such a charmer!

The Green Dragon was really nice, the landlord is Tim and his food looks really really good, it was a shame we couldn't eat there. No special ales but a good selection none the less, get yourself in there next time if you have the chance. :unworthy:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Good work that man :thumbsup:

Things do seem to be going rather more smoothly now don't they? And as for the brewery comment, just can't imagine who'd say a thing like that :whistle::rofl:

Any more takers for steak & kidney pud at The Pykkerll then? If so, just add yourself to the list.

Simonf (food required)

Kimbers (esprit required) (and just a guess but food also :unsure: )

Owen (food required)

Tentenths (food required)

Nifty (food required)

Andydclements (food required)

SteveL (food required)

Graham wade (food required) - Grahm was at the Driver day in Essex recently and so is joining us

Andy

Hi,

Andy C and I are attending the CL meeting on Thursday, looking for AEG support and to get the group known. Anymore wanting to come along? let us know through LEF, thanks. :whistle:

Owen. :thumbsup:

Edited by OwenGT3

Hi Graham, look forward to seeing you at the meet which is now only just over two weeks away! Everybody agreed that we will meet Thickthorn Services?

Owen you know you are wanting to get some car shots for your DVD - my mate has a external camara mount should i see if i can borrow it? Don't mind if its attached to my car but i don't have a video camara even better as Kimbers STILL doesnt have an Esprit :whistle: would he mind us attaching said camara to the Honda :harhar: - probably not if you are gonna be on the bike!. :harhar:

On that note guys does anybody have any objection to your cars being filmed?

Cheers chaps

Simon

PS filming to be restricted to the drive there only and for reasons best known to us and us alone the camara should be turned of once in the pub :whistle:

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Hi Graham, look forward to seeing you at the meet which is now only just over two weeks away! Everybody agreed that we will meet Thickthorn Services?

Owen you know you are wanting to get some car shots for your DVD - my mate has a external camara mount should i see if i can borrow it? Don't mind if its attached to my car but i don't have a video camara even better as Kimbers STILL doesnt have an Esprit :whistle: would he mind us attaching said camara to the Honda :harhar: - probably not if you are gonna be on the bike!. :huh:

On that note guys does anybody have any objection to your cars being filmed?

Cheers chaps

Simon

PS filming to be restricted to the drive there only and for reasons best known to us and us alone the camara should be turned of once in the pub :harhar:

Hi,

Andy C and I attended the CL meeting tonight (Thursday), met some nice people there, I know I will be attending again, hopefully we can get a few other to come along. :rofl:

I think the plan is to meet at Thickthorn about 6pm, near the garage area then all from Norwich will head on down to Bury way.

I have a pro camera mount, but you do have to be careful where you use it. I tend to use it on quite back roads, just in case it falls off! :crybaby: Touch wood I haven't had that happen yet because once it's on the car it's very difficult to get it off, very strong suction! :whistle: I also add some duck tape to help if that happens.

Here are some shots from the camera mount.

On the side of the car facing forwards

Sequence03.jpg

On the nose of the car

Sequence02.jpg

On the side of the car facing backwards

Sequence04.jpg

On the nose of an Elise following my car, complete with flames!

Sequence01.jpg

These are shots of material that will be in my DVD.

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3

• 2 weeks later...

Just a gentle reminder after all the fun and activities of this month - the Next AEG metting is a week tomorrow!

Norwich drivers should meet at Thickthorn services (Littlechef just outside Norwich on the A11) at 6.00pm then meeting Nifty on the A140 somewhere near Diss if i remember correctly (this point i feel may need a little fine tuning!) at around 6.45ish (breakdowns and straglers dependant.)

I look forward to seeing you all again.

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

No, no, no !!!!!

Don't go down the A140 anymore than is absolutely necessary

From a previous post ...

Which route were you planning on coming by ?

The best route would be the old Norwich road (B1113) passed the Bird in Hand and on to Garboldisham, turn left and follow that road (B1111) through to Stanton, join the A143 to Ixworth top roundabout, turn right onto the A1088 and then left into the high street.

If you prefer to come down the A11 then you can turn at Larling onto the B1111 or go all the way to Thetford and then do the A1088 to Ixworth.

All those roads providing some good blatting (as we say in the L7C ... hooning as appears to be used here).

To access the B1113 you can go back onto the A47, round to the A140 and head into town for 1/4 mile before the B1113 turns off left at the traffic lights after Tescos.

However, to avoid duplication and to enjoy a good road and homage to the great factory, how about meeting at Thickthorn and then driving down the A11 as far as the turning to Hethel. Go down that road (is it the B1135?) passed Potash Lane and then turn right onto the B1113 at the T-junction. This will take you passed the Bird in Hand and if you stay on that road to it's conclusion it will bring you out at the B1111 in Garboldisham. Turn left onto the B1111 and I'll meet you outside The Fox Inn (currently closed :) ) at the crossroads of the B1111 and the A1066.

If I'm ready in time I might pop up to Thickthorn and lead you all the way if you wish.

:)

Best I have someones mobile number so I can confirm what I'm doing.

My number is 07860 555727.

Nifty.

P.S. I haven't had any time to look at the charging issue with the Esprit (since the 7 still takes priority - have a trackday to get it sorted for) so can't run it in the dark, due to lights draining battery.

However, if I've sorted the 7s alternator problem I might come out in that again .... could offer Kimbers a ride .. bring your helmet in case it's raining!!

Edited by Nifty

Hi

I'm Looking forward to next weeks meeting. I don't know exactly yet where we are going so haven't looked at a route, but will check it out before Tuesday. I should still be ok for 6pm, perhaps going to knock off work 15 minutes earlier to get home and change first. How many are starting from Thickthorn, just don't want to leave without anyone? :P

(me) Owen - Esprit GT3

Simonf - G Esprit Turbo

Andy C - G Esprit Turbo

Kimbers - ? (have you bought it yet, the one you showed me and drove off in on Sunday?)

Buddsy - Coming with Simonf, then swapping and having a ride in my car there?

That's all I know of, if I've missed anyone off add your name. :wallbash:

Just to let you know, I have made a load of the new AEG logo's for the tax disc holders. I've handed some out on Sunday at the open day to AEG members who I bumped into, so those of you I haven't seen yet you can have yours next week. I printed them on my computer and have also laminated them. Also I have a few of the strip logo's that I also designed, again laminated. I tucked mine in the passenter screen heater vent! :realmad: These will do until we get some properly printed.

I used a cheap plastic tax holder bought from wilco's. Could Kimbers possibly supply a few disc holders? I don't mind if it has Holden Honda on the back! :P

This is the new one.

AEG-circle.jpg

And the strip logo. Although Anglia Esprit group has been removed from the bottom of the logo.

logo-strip3.jpg

Owen

I'm sure LEW still has a stock of tax disc holders although they're probably not as cheap as any supplied by Kimbers. :realmad:

Still at least they won't say "Honda" on the back so its well worth the cost. :P

Graham. :wallbash:

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

This will take you passed the Bird in Hand and if you stay on that road to it's conclusion it will bring you out at the B1111 in Garboldisham. Turn left onto the B1111 and I'll meet you outside The Fox Inn (currently closed :thumbsup: ) at the crossroads of the B1111 and the A1066.

The idea of a bit of a hoon with you guys appeals so the timeshare Esprit will be heading to The Fox RV point. Do we have an RV time yet?

The idea of a bit of a hoon with you guys appeals so the timeshare Esprit will be heading to The Fox RV point. Do we have an RV time yet?

R V time will depend on straggles (mr clements) and breakdaowns (simonf) so i have given Nifty my mobile no. for updateds!

I will PM my number to you!

Si

Ps nice to see you looking so well at the lotus day! where can i get a T-Shirt with MY name on it from :thumbsup:

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

You need to have a nice word with Laura or Bibs.

I think Bibs said they may be ordering more.

Graham :thumbsup: