Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
WF71 - green Evora A38 - Spotted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

WF71 - green Evora A38

Markindevon

Ah, I’ll tell her it was the previous owner of our car!  Good for you, me too, if alls well… unfortunately it’s in Hendy again having the split radiator replaced!

I managed to persuade them to use the Elise-shop all aluminium and slightly larger capacity unit and hope to have it back soon… 

Hi @EGTE, yes, thanks - the a/c had some work last summer and I was aware that you'd done a fair bit of work on it a couple of years ago... the compressor was replaced last Summer (under warranty thankfully) though it's still been a bit temperamental and the garage are replacing the accessory drive belt this week while they have the car in... just in case that's causing some slippage (which apparently upsets the pump).

We will see if that fixes it! The a/c seems a bit of a luxury but is actually really valuable as the car does get hot - it failed originally on the drive up to Lotus in the Peak on one of those 35 degree days last year, my wife wasn't impressed!

Love the car, of course, have done about 12k since buying a year last October and I'm also using the car pretty 'normally' as it makes every drive so enjoyable.

My wife was in a little red Suzuki (daughter's car) when she spotted you on Tuesday so you wouldn't have noticed her!   

Hope to see you and yours at a gathering somewhere this year?

• Like 1

The compressor was also new! They're obviously a bit of a weak point (or maybe the slipping belt was just killing it time and again?)

Glad you're enjoying it and driving it; it's a great car.

• Like 1