Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Alunox Stainless Steel Rear system development for Esprit Turbo HCi - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Alunox Stainless Steel Rear system development for Esprit Turbo HCi

Alunox are looking for a rear system (turbo back) from a HCi Turbo to use to develop a Stainless Steel direct replacement.

HCIRearSys.PNG.ffc5cbe724a350b642286428931dafbf.PNG

I know this is rare car but if anyone has one and is willing to let Alunox have it for a while, they

Will give a discount on the new system. They will also pay the postage each way.

If you can help with this you can hold of me or email

leon@alunox.co.uk    Or    richard@alunox.co.uk

Thanks

Mark

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Alunox should be aware that the '88 and '86 - '87 were slightly different specs.

'88 had the EBPV (exhaust back pressure valve) fitted to the left joint of the muffler in the picture. Many owners have eliminated it (I know JAE Parts sells a spacer).

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

• 2 weeks later...

Mark,

FYI,

Stevens exhaust and the G exhaust are not similar, regardless of it's being a UK, ROW or Federal car.

There were some clearance problems on US cars, start from page 33 here  https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/penelope-pitstop-resurrection.335777/page-33

MrDangerUS

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mark,

Alunox header installation combined with a higher flowing turbo, 3.25" CAI and Micklewright racing hi-flow exhaust (NOT muffler, but just straight resonator) morphed my S4s into a Rocket Ship!

Tubular header delivers absolutely incredible results!

However, in the past,  the HCI version was somewhat troublesome... US cars are configured differently. 

Remember Jenna's problems?  https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/1995-s4-turbo-exhaust-upgrade.464140/#post-5912462

I hope, that this time all the issues were carefully investigated and addressed.

More food for thought here:  https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/alunox-header-installation.469196/#post-6149952

MrDangerUS

• 2 weeks later...

I’d be interested to know pricing - 88MY Stevens USA Spec (same chassis as 87 HCI)

On 20/12/2023 at 12:14, MrDangerUS said:

US cars are configured differently. 

Shape/specs differ, even among model years...

'86 - '87 HCI and '88 Bosch cars are different, for sure.

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

• 4 months later...