Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Nut and bolt of 358G - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Nut and bolt of 358G

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
On 28/03/2023 at 19:38, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Good effort John, nice to see you are going original rather than the usual white. 🙂

Whats the interior plans? 

As original as possible with Alcantara replacing the material that's no longer available. Complete new wiring loom (if anyone knows of a GOOD supplier, ping me a link/message) and all connections to be updated to hopefully remove the common earthing issues in the future. Wheels have already been done and are looking ace.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Sounds good John - and like the profile picture of the Ekup !

I'm on the reassembly stretch of 837G which is a black and gold ( non JPS) S2. I too have kept it original, but was lucky to have a complete Marcasite interior in good condition .

I hope your build goes well and look forward to the updates and photos 

On 28/03/2023 at 17:26, johnpwalsh said:

Body shell sent off to the paint shop for complete respray in original Calypso Red.

358G was yellow originally?

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

• Gold FFM
42 minutes ago, Paul Coleman said:

358G was yellow originally?

Interesting. I know she had a repaint about 30 years ago, but there are no signs of it having been Yellow. Guess it's time to check the data plate. 

Thanks Paul.

16 minutes ago, johnpwalsh said:

Interesting. I know she had a repaint about 30 years ago, but there are no signs of it having been Yellow. Guess it's time to check the data plate. 

Thanks Paul.

I think they look much better in yellow than 'Ferrari wannabe' red

You can check it on lotusproject.co.uk

Edited by Paul Coleman
  • Like 1

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire