Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Collapsing cats - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Collapsing cats

Not to jump to conclusions, but ~1hr driving ago I had an engine warning light, which OBD code reads as low Catalyst function. On the way to the garage I noticed intermittent reduced performance (a feeling of the engine being 'strangled') and at the garage the mechanic noted the exhaust rattles when shaken.

I'm becoming concerned my factory cats are collapsing. The car is currently with Hoffmans who I took it to to diagnose the loss of power and engine light coming on.

I read that this is not unheard of fault on the Supercharged cars.

Looking at the website 2bular appear to offer a sport cat option 'power kit' & full system for £4675 plus fitting. A nice option but that's an eye watering bill for what feels like a minor fault.

It could be £6k with fitting! That's 'I've shredded a gearbox' or I fitted a bigger supercharger money in my book.

What does the forum of knowledge have to say on this topic? If I want to do a few track days in the car what have people found that worked well?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic