Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Calling all Lotus enthusiasts and Lotus-curious in NI & Ireland - Topics - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Calling all Lotus enthusiasts and Lotus-curious in NI & Ireland

RP420

• Gold FFM

Great idea Ryan and thanks for starting this group.

Hopefully numbers will grow over the next few months as the good summer weather comes in!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys...................just saw the pictures from last nights meet. Sadly I never knew about it and I was even out in teh Elise last night as it was such weather. I'm a long time member but never here much as I use SELOC more, I'll keep a watch on here and please feel free to contact me if any of you are passing through Ballynahinch....................

www.msdetailing.org

DSC_1038~2.JPG

• Like 2

Hi @Mike150. Thanks for joining the group and sorry you missed the meet last night.

We will likely arrange another get together in the summer - possibly at the Supercar Sunday event at the end of July. Whatever the plans, all members of the group will be notified and hopefully you will be able to join us next time. 

@AR13 MEO and I discovered last night that we both live in the Legacurry area so not far from you.  Will be keeping an eye out for your yellow Elise on the local roads! 

Look forward to meeting you. 

Ryan

• Like 2

@KeithK

Thanks for joining the group Keith. Great to meet you last Friday and great to see another Exige v6 on the roads 😉

Look forward to hopefully meeting again over the summer. 

Ryan

• 6 months later...

Hi Bibs.  Great news for all of us on this side of the Irish Sea and many thanks for posting the link.  I hope that means we will seem a lot more Lotus here!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

I was down at Hurst’s getting my Megane serviced last week and walked over to the Aston end to see what the vibe was around Lotus service & parts support. In particular when are they going to be up and running with Lotus trained technicians and have factory diagnostics, parts available etc.

I ended up talking to the Aston sales director for a good half hour. He is responsible for the new Lotus sales side and was very enthusiastic about Lookers/Hurst’s involvement, (plus a big fan of the Emira styling and the sentiment behind its everyday practicality).

However, he admitted that beyond identifying a new showroom, where the motor bike place used to be, they have not moved forward on the support side. The earliest they will be up and running to support existing legacy Lotus owners is mid to late summer 23. He was unable to give me anything more than that.

• Like 2

Interesting news and thanks @blindside and @Cooper for keeping us informed. My wife is picking up a Defender from CH in a few weeks so I must make a point of speaking to the Aston/Lotus sales director.

Also, as the weather is starting to improve and the nights are getting longer, I hope we can organise another run out - perhaps sometime in late March? 

@Cooper and @AndyW-VX - have either of you got hold of your Emiras yet? Was fantastic to watch Harry Metcalfe's videos of his European tour in his Emira and hear how enthused he was. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great to chat to you too Alastair and thanks for joining our NI TLF group! Good luck with the sale of the S1 and hope to see you and your new R400 at one of our 2023 events later in the year! 

• Like 1

Sounds great Andy, and thanks for letting us know. Unfortunately I have a bit of work to do to get my car properly ready for a track day. First off I need to get the seat lower so that I can fit in with a helmet. I would definitely like to visit Anglesey but won't be ready for 8th May. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Neil

Congratulations on your first Lotus - looks fantastic (and nice pic with the Minis too!).

Thanks for joining the NI Group. Our next planned meeting is a drive out to the Cars and Coffee Blackheath on the morning of Sunday 4th June - see more at https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/119535-2023-events/#comment-1013996 and at https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/events/event/932-drive-out-to-cars-coffee-blackheath-coleraine/

I will post a reminder about this in the 2023 events section closer to the end of this month. 

Hope. To meet you and your new 111R then. 

Ryan

• Like 2

Important Information

We use cookies to enhance your browsing experience, serve personalized ads or content, and analyze our traffic. By clicking " I Accept ", you consent to our use of cookies. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.