Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2023 events - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2023 events

RP420

So the clocks go forward tomorrow and it's time to get the Lotus out for some 2023 runs!

As a starter, I'm going to put forward the suggestions below for a few meet ups during 2023.  It's just a starter suggestion list and happy for other suggestions to be added, or to remove any of my suggestions which are not popular.

To make sure as many as possible know about it, I'm tagging all current NI Group members.  Please also spread the word to any other Lotus owners, Lotus interested, or even just those who still enjoy the increasingly guilty pleasure of burning fossil fuels in pursuit of speed and noise...

Event Date Venue Links Suggestions
RMS Cars & Coffee 16 April 2023 Flight Gymnastics Academy, Glengormley, BT36 4RG

https://rmsmotoring.com/forum/threads/cars-coffee-blackheath.228105/

https://www.blackheathpottery.com/

Meet at venue
Cars & Coffee Blackheath 4 June 2023

The Blackheath Pottery, 112 Killeague Rd, Blackhill, Coleraine BT51 4HH

(between Garvagh and Coleraine)

https://rmsmotoring.com/forum/threads/cars-coffee-blackheath.228105/

https://www.blackheathpottery.com/

Meet in Belfast and drive to Coleraine via Maghera.  Return to Belfast via Coast Road.
Supercar Saturday & Sunday 29th and 30th July 2023

Saturday 29th - North West 200 Pits, between Portrush & Portstewart

Sunday 30th - Bishopscourt Racing Circuit, 29 Lismore Rd, Downpatrick BT30 7EY

https://airambulanceni.org/supercar-extravaganza/ Can do either day or both days.  Last year there was a drive down the coast road from the NW Pits to Newcastle on the Saturday, followed by a Gala Ball in the Slieve Donard on the Saturday night
Possible track session Late Aug / Early Sept TBC   Last year, a couple of us attended a private track session in early September.  I would be keen to organise something similar this year, but haven't made any arrangements yet.
TLF Fish & Chip run Late Sept Newcastle   Final run before the weather closes in - a run out to Newcastle from Belfast for fish & chips on the front in Newcastle.

I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at one or more of our events in 2023!

Ryan @RP420

@R400DVA @AndyW-VX @1973 JPS @KeithK @Mike150 @Cooper @AR13 MEO @SSurpal @Tris... @blindside @5pence @Bibs

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Looks spot on Ryan. The Down Royal cars & coffee meet has been resurrected. It was a great event pre pandemic and always attracted an eclectic mix of interesting, rare & unusual cars. Perhaps worth adding it to the schedule.

17240F26-1550-4A03-A39C-6F02BCA67572.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Probably be driving a Porker I’m afraid Ryan. Heresy I know, but I’ll try to get it right for the next meet. 😎

@Mike150 and @AndyW-VX - totally understand. The last time I was there, there were no fixed times. If you do have a few mins to call in, feel free to come along whenever suits between 10 and 12 and you can stay as short or as long as works for you.

@blindside - was hoping you would bring your new steed Jimmy!! Really looking forward to seeing it! 

Wife's away early in the morning, kids have to go somewhere then and it's not in a Lotus 😂

Id love to go to the next cars and coffee but I'm working and I'm not allowed my holidays. Need a new job............

• Sad 1

Sorry Ryan, 

Lotus currently sorn'd. Efforts need concentrated elsewhere this summer. Unlikely to be seen. Don't forget me next year. Enjoy all. 

Hi Gareth

Thanks for the update. Good luck with your Alfa projects this summer!

If you fancy joining any of the events in an Alfa, it would be great to see you. 

Cheers

Ryan

Would that were the case Ryan. The Alfa project is after the Lotus one! Need to concentrate on finishing a house build this year before the family disown me. 

• Haha 1

Great morning and great to chat. Fantastic to see so much interest in the new Emira Andy!

Hope next Sunday's TSCCNI Cars and Coffee at Down Royal goes well for those of you attending. Sorry I can't make that one, but looking forward to the run out to Blackheath Pottery on Sunday 4th June!

Hi Richard

Fantastic photo of the Europa! 

It is a case of just dropping into the event for those that can make it this weekend. Unfortunately I can't attend as I have to a family event on. 

I think Jimmy @blindside intends to go. Not sure who else can make it, but it looks like a good event.

Hope the weather holds! 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic to hear that you are delighted with the Emira and thanks for sharing the pics Andy - would love to go to one of these track days at Anglesey sometime.  As you say it's probably the most convenient track for us to get to. Just need to find a way to fit into my Exige with a helmet on or, if the roof is off, where the top of the helmet is below the roll bar...