Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Driving S1 Elise if less than 5ft 6? - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Driving S1 Elise if less than 5ft 6?

Are there any solutions for shorter drivers in an S1 Elise? My gf is 5’4” 1/2 and even with the seat at its furthest position forwards she can’t quite depress the clutch fully. A couple of cushions (one under, one behind) help, but not really enough to drive comfortably. 

Are there any tricks with the seat mounting or rails that wouldn’t preclude me jumping back in (at 6’2”)?

Thanks!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Lotus use to supply a wedge shape cushion for any driver that struggled to fully depress the clutch. I think it actually went on the bottom of the back of the seat, they sometimes come up for sale.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chipp said:

Lotus use to supply a wedge shape cushion for any driver that struggled to fully depress the clutch. I think it actually went on the bottom of the back of the seat, they sometimes come up for sale.

Something like this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125568294794?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=hzrlyxuktry&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=AYBPrdGGQ4i&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Not quite a bit more like this one from amazon but looked better

810mEphetWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Also found an image of this original lotus one that covers the whole seat

Lotus Elise seat cusion | in Christchurch, Dorset | Gumtree

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks @chipp - turned out a previous owner had put the T sections that go on the end of the runners the wrong way round! So they were at the front, preventing the seat going forwards as much as it could. I've since swapped them to the back of the runners where they should be, and she can now reach the pedals no problem!