Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2 different types of x180r front canards? - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2 different types of x180r front canards?

shadeone

ok i was looking through my collection of lotus pictures for canard pics and noticed something....

take a look at this one:

se01on3.jpg

notice how the canards in front of the wheel stops before the black rubber piece beneath the bumper?

now take a look at this one:

se02hw1.jpg

look how it extends right to the black piece as if it is an extension of the black piece...

this is waht it would look like without the black splitter:

se05ul7.jpg

both are mounted at the same location but one seems to extend lower to accommodate the black piece and sort of be a part of it ...

i am wondering what the deal is here and if i order some from somewhere, what kind am i going to recieve? anyone ever order them from sjsportscars?

thanks,

shade

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

im going to bump this thread instead of starting a new one....

jsut wondering what version sjsportscars sells.... the ones that stop at the bottom of the bumper? or the ones that extend past the bumper in order to meet up with and accomodate for the rubber lip that goes around the front of the bumper

shade

• 2 years later...

another bump. I'm curious if anyone is selling these canards, reproductions or otherwise.

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

South West Lotus used to have an almost endless supply of these. They'd turn up at every retail event along with out of date calendars and ancient merchandising. They're not shown in their online store, but that isn't unusual. Might be worth dropping them an email?

http://www.thelotuscentre.com/

• 9 years later...