Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Has anyone tried repairing this S3 carb fuel pipe assembly? - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Has anyone tried repairing this S3 carb fuel pipe assembly?

martynw

Just wondered if anyone had tried to fix one of these up fuel pipe assemblies using the original fittings and some new nylon pipe? It is numbered A912E2335 in the parts manual, SJ say it is obsolete and make an stainless braided alternative, but I prefer the simple look of this if I can do it

The inner nylon (?) tube was rubber coated, though that has perished and mostly broken up.  I thought I shrink wrap would make that look about right.  The long piece also had a plastic spiral wrap on, which I've removed but is perfectly resuable.

Any thoughts, warnings or tips?

Doh...forgot to attach the photo.

FuelLine.JPG

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Usually those nylon pipes are replaced with (modern) fuel hose. That doesn't change the look as much as fitting braided hose and is easy to do. But not period correct of course.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I was watching a video on Youtube recently (RainmanRay) and he used a tool to produce nylon fuel lines with quick clip push-on fittings, so if we wanted (emphasis on wanted) to we could probably do the same with modern fuel rated pipe and the used metal fittings. That said, fuel hose would seem to be at least as good and a darn sight easier to do.