Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Price increase......France - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Price increase......France

Neil D.

This time we cannot blame Lotus, but the french tax on emissions

Today(2023)  a V6 is taxed 50000€ and the I4  18188€

in 2024 the tax will be 60000€, irrespective of the engine chosen. Anything over 195 grams/km will be liable.

Unless Lotus deliver I4 this year in France, most of us will have no choice but to cancel our orders.

Voila,

Neil

• Sad 5

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

LOL @ the French doing this.  All in the name of so called environmental protection when 1 country is contributing 1/3 of global emissions, which will increase, and what we do here in Europe will make almost no difference.  It is simply getting as much cash as possible out of citizens.

We are selling our house in France, the bureaucracy involved has been absolutely astonishing; everyone is on the take and we are over a year on and still not completed the sale...

Nice to see that everything in the EU is so rosey and great as I keep on getting told how much better it is in the EU than the UK, by people in the UK. Go figure.

France is the 4th largest (behind Germany, Italy, Poland) climate polluter in the EU, so I guess they need to act.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yup, but the average tax paying citizen is an easy target. Just squeeze them more and more.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I live in France and don’t recognise the time taken to buy and sell a house once an offer is accepted. My own was 9 weeks from offer to exchange. Friends  (3) who have sold and moved back to the UK have all been out within 3 months. The same with any government service. There is a procedure and if followed it is straightforward. We have gained tax, social service, health, driving licences, UK imported car re registration, and two yearly MoT equivalents without any delay or problems. Doctors, dentists, hospitals are all easily accessed quickly. Vet for the dogs are effective and way cheaper.  No bureaucracy problems here in the last ten years.  

The eco malus though is a pain to any of us who like larger engined cars but does follow a long tradition in France of small engined cars, remember the 2CV anyone? The CV is a fiscal horsepower used to calculate tax and the 2CV was developed way back to be low tax. Nothing much has changed. 😀

Ironically though, the 2CV engine is terribly bad (like a 100 times worse) for pollution compared to modern engines; believed to be based on an old WW2 German generator!

On 06/10/2023 at 14:52, JimyFloyd said:

LOL @ the French doing this.  All in the name of so called environmental protection when 1 country is contributing 1/3 of global emissions, which will increase, and what we do here in Europe will make almost no difference.  It is simply getting as much cash as possible out of citizens.

We are selling our house in France, the bureaucracy involved has been absolutely astonishing; everyone is on the take and we are over a year on and still not completed the sale...

I've sold 4 properties in France and personally all where much much less painless, and very straight forward that selling property in the Uk. I only wish the UK system was as good as France for selling/buying. Also the high taxes/commissions slow the market right down and reduces all the investments sh*t that plagues the UK market, and people actually live in them rather than rent them out for profit.

Still shame about the the shocking tax - worse than Ireland! 

• Like 1