Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Alpine INE-W920R Wanted - Wanted - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Alpine INE-W920R Wanted

Alfa2Evora

• Gold FFM

I know, I know it's not considered a particularly brilliant head unit but I like it and it does everything that I need it to do.

Well at least it did until yesterday when the tuner died. Everything else still works as it should but select the radio and all you get is the sound of silence with the words "No Data" displayed in the field that normally shows the station selected. Try to select another station and although the chosen pre-tuned station field highlights to show that it has detected you touching it, nothing else happens and it remains stuck on the current station.

I really don't have the time or the inclination to go to all the bother of hauling out wiring and changing it to suit another model, and the mid 4-figure invoice from the nursing home that drops through my letter box every 4 weeks also ensures that I don't have a huge amount of disposable income available these days to splash out on an up-to-date all-singing all-dancing unit that's facilities and features will go mostly unused in any case.

So, anybody out there got an old, but fully-functioning, 920 lying on a shelf that they can let me have at reasonable cost, let me know please.

• 4 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have an INE-W920R here sat on my desk that I removed back in June.

The primary reason for removal was to upgrade to Apple CarPlay but over the last few months before replacement, the Alpine did keep cutting in and out. When it was on, the unit worked perfectly (radio, cd, phone, etc.) but it seemingly just kept losing power and resetting itself (sometimes struggling to start again). I always suspected this was wiring related as opposed to the unit itself but since I upgraded anyway, I never really found out the root cause. 

If you want to give it a try (or you could somehow strip out the radio 'module' from it), let me know.

(Edit: Sorry, first post and clearly haven't learned how to embed images yet!)

81FA372E-78B9-4A98-891E-2D6A813E3A29.heic

Edited by arronlaw

I have an INE-W920R sat around doing nothing, which was working fine when I upgraded to a CarPlay unit a couple of years ago.  

I was intending to keep it to enable a return to stock spec when I sell, but I'm not planning on that anytime soon and it might as well be getting some use.  Let me know if you might be interested 👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...