Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Eletre Adaptive Driving Beam (ADB) Auto Headlights - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Eletre Adaptive Driving Beam (ADB) Auto Headlights

Auto-dipping headlights:

Doesn't the Eletre have Matrix LED headlamps? Ie. Adaptive Driving Beam (ADB) so always on "full beam" once you are above 30 mph and out of streetlights?

Hmm - I noticed the spec says "LED high beam spot" too.  Is that in addition to ADB?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm still waiting for my selected stock base Eletre to be allocated to my reservation. However my understanding is the base Eletre does have Adaptive Driving Beam (ADB) too.

If ADB is enabled (in the menus) then it will automatically switch on main beam most of the time. However it won't dazzle other drivers because the beam adapts - sections of the beam are blanked out (apologies if this is obvious). This is different from automatic high-beam/dipping (ADB disabled).

There is a poor description in the user guide in the app.

On the IPace it works well but it does turn ADB off, so back to standard dipped beam, below about 30 mph. Which makes dark twisty lanes more challenging!

4 minutes ago, RichEV said:

On the IPace it works well but it does turn ADB off, so back to standard dipped beam, below about 30 mph. Which makes dark twisty lanes more challenging!

I actually found the I-Pace to be a pretty poor tech setup on light. I had a First Edition car until yesterday, but I got flashed at more times than I can remember. I never had issues in Mercedes prior.

To be fair I did get flashed last Sunday evening! But that's the only time it's happened and I've had four IPaces, three of which with Matrix headlights.
I always drive with ADB enabled (although oddly all three were delivered with ADB disabled in the menus).
I did notice that the standard (non Matrix) LED headlights were brighter.

Anyway it would be interesting to know if your Eletre S is properly adapting its beam?

Edited by RichEV

31 minutes ago, RichEV said:

Anyway it would be interesting to know if your Eletre S is properly adapting its beam?

I can confirm that within Settings -> Lights -> External...i do have adaptive settings turned on.

I need to give it a proper run late...i'm not too far from some very dark lanes being rural, so I can see if that kicks in automatic.

In terms of on coming cars, it has appeared to be boxing light around them, but now with what's posted above, I'm doubting myself.

3 hours ago, RichEV said:

If ADB is enabled (in the menus) then it will automatically switch on main beam most of the time. However it won't dazzle other drivers because the beam adapts - sections of the beam are blanked out (apologies if this is obvious). This is different from automatic high-beam/dipping (ADB disabled).

I've just taken the car for a run along a dark road. At no point could I get automatic high-beam to trigger. I was doing 60MPH at the time. So unless I'm missing something on the stalk (and I appear to be automatic mode) something don't seem right.

Whilst travelling behind cars and those coming towards me, I appear to see some LED matrix action blocking out, but with automatic high-beam not appearing to work, I'm not totally sure all is as it should be.

I had another play with this last night on a long unlit raod.

In auto mode, I can now see that the high beam is using the light matrix to dip the parts of the beam that would dazzle others.

So it is doing what it is supposed to do. I'm not convinced it reacts quickly enough, as I am still getting flashed occasionally.

It high beams in situations where I wouldn't do manually (oncoming traffic but a bit further away) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Btw, one fwd push is automatic, second fwd push is manual. One pull is always off.

While I always had the auto working it's just not good. Constant flash from oncoming traffic, on motorway it always never deactivates or works so I'm waiting for software update to fix that. Took Tesla over 2 years to make the auto headlights workable, hope lotus fixes is quicker :)