Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Accessing the distributor - 1988 Esprit Turbo 910 engine - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Accessing the distributor - 1988 Esprit Turbo 910 engine

Oznog

Finally got a little time today to dig into my 88 Turbo and chase the no spark issue. For the love of god, how do you get at the freaking distributor on a 910 with the Bosch K-Jetronic? I pulled the intake plenum cover, but my fat hands still can't get in there. Do I have no choice but to pull the whole intake plenum? Or is there some trick I'm missing? I can't even really see the thing to assess what I'm getting myself into. 
I've looked for info online on pulling the plenum and found very little. Since I'm totally new to this engine I'd love to find a tutorial or something rather than just dive in with the service notes and fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check everything else (coil?) before removing the dizzy. Working in this area reminds a laparoscopic surgery, LOL.  I have used inspection mirrors, ratchet with 12" extension and a magnetic socket to remove the bolt (I think it is 10mm, not sure).

Whatever you do, do NOT put any weight on the inlet manifold, which cracks easily.

MrDangerUS