Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
HyperOS Update? - Page 5 - Propulsion/Battery/Driving/Tech & App - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

HyperOS Update?

13 hours ago, RogEletre said:

Main one is when HiFi on and you indicate the first two ‘ticks’ are deafening and then drop to normal level

Did you have the ticking issue before? This has never been an issue for me, but I am wondering if this is linked to cars that had that previously (which is the most bizarre software bug when you think about it).

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
3 minutes ago, aquiss said:

Did you have the ticking issue before? This has never been an issue for me, but I am wondering if this is linked to cars that had that previously (which is the most bizarre software bug when you think about it).

This is a brand new issue!  Super odd as you say.

It’s almost like the first ‘tick’ is at Media volume level and then drops.

I tried with and without CarPlay plugged in and altered Media volume.  Made no difference.

Then, when parking, I discovered it’s all alerts so at least it’s consistently odd.  Parking ‘bings’ were loud then reverted to normal.

In scale of things it’s not as bad as auto brake and might just have been a one off as when I was driving having restarted car it was fine.  I can only think it’s linked to Apple and Android update?

I shall keep testing and will add to my snagging sheet.  Auto Cruise is still awful and vomit inducing so more money paid for a feature which doesn’t work (same with auto park). 

Apologies for duplicate post from other thread but thought it might be more relevant here.

@Bibs feel free to link or whatever you wish to save duplicate posting?

Interestingly have just had email form Louts stating 1.4.0x

Mine shows w but has Carplay - will see if OTA updates again.....?!

LOTUS HYPER OS 1.4.0x

• Important bug fix for internet connectivity. Privacy now seems to stay on and remote monitoring possible.
  • Remote diagnostic capability has been further optimized and improved.
  • User experience has been improved when using the indicator and hazard lights. Improved you say?  Deafening tick aside?  
  • While the vehicle is charging, users can now see real-time power data on the central display.  Glad we are fixing the important stuff first.....
  • The Highway Assist function has been optimized to improve lateral control. It's still very beta and not something I felt safe using on A1M in dry and clear.
  • The Highway Assist function has been optimized to improve overtaking performance. Still dangerous.
  • The Lane Keep Assist functions have been optimized to improve the user experience when driving in narrow lanes.
  • The Traffic Sign Information alert volume has been increased. (I wonder if this is where the indicator volume bug comes from?)
  • The Lane Keep Assist and Autonomous Emergency Braking functions are enabled when the Driver Monitoring System detects the driver is unattentive for a sustained period of time. WTF.
  • Important bug fix for the user agreement and privacy settings.
  • Important bug fixes for the infotainment system. To be fair through CarPlay it's a zillion times better.  Still lacking Sub
  • Apple CarPlay and Android Auto have been added, using a two-thirds view on the central stack display. Full screen mode will follow in a future software update. Tiny bit flaky but acceptable.  Full screen be excellent step.

I've just had the 1.4.0w update email too - fingers crossed the update happens soon - really looking forward to getting Andriod Auto back!

As per comments earlier in this thread - the idea that the car re-enables things that were manually turned off - especially when the reason for turning them off is because the features themselves are potentially very dangerous - is beyond belief!  If, when my car is updated, turning these things back on happens with any sort of regularity then I will be apoplectic!

Update!

Mine updated to 1.4.0x last night (4.8GB so not small) and ran through all menus swiftly but not driven yet.  First things to note (apologies if we’re there before and I missed them!):

Child lock rear screen option
Car view changes on scrolling through menus (tyre pressures appear on vehicle tab for example) 
CarPlay seems more ‘snappy’ - Tidal now appears not to pause for ages until plays - may just be lucky first go.
Indicator tick appears now normal volume.  Again, will see when driving!

Driving for a couple of hours today so report back.

Incidentally, just ticked over 3,000 miles and done precisely 2KW per mile in that time.

17 hours ago, kabre said:

As per comments earlier in this thread - the idea that the car re-enables things that were manually turned off - especially when the reason for turning them off is because the features themselves are potentially very dangerous - is beyond belief!  If, when my car is updated, turning these things back on happens with any sort of regularity then I will be apoplectic!

Yup, I'm not happy about this and at present I don't want to keep checking the car menu to see if they have gone back on.

The auto breaking experience I had and the fact I had family pets in the car that were thrown forward for no reason, has put the fear of god about this kicking back in.

54 minutes ago, RogEletre said:

Update!

Mine updated to 1.4.0x last night (4.8GB so not small) and ran through all menus swiftly but not driven yet.  First things to note (apologies if we’re there before and I missed them!):

Child lock rear screen option
Car view changes on scrolling through menus (tyre pressures appear on vehicle tab for example) 
CarPlay seems more ‘snappy’ - Tidal now appears not to pause for ages until plays - may just be lucky first go.
Indicator tick appears now normal volume.  Again, will see when driving!

Driving for a couple of hours today so report back.

Incidentally, just ticked over 3,000 miles and done precisely 2KW per mile in that time.

I'm keen to know whether the child lock rear screen option just stops kids in the back buggering about with the front seats, or whether it locks the entire rear touchscreen.  The former is a suggestion I made after the first time teenagers sat in the back of my car (grrrr!), but it has always been possible to disable the entire rear touchscreen from the settings menu - but doing so stops them being able to adjust the climate control, roof dimming, etc. which is far less annoying / potentially dangerous than the seats!

Very odd if there are no release notes, even if it is only a minor version of a minor version release it is still a different version with noticeable changes in the release! 

And you'd have thought they'd have numbered it 1.4.1w rather than 1.4.0x - I was previously thinking the "w" referred to the territory.

10 minutes ago, kabre said:

I'm keen to know whether the child lock rear screen option just stops kids in the back buggering about with the front seats, or whether it locks the entire rear touchscreen.  The former is a suggestion I made after the first time teenagers sat in the back of my car (grrrr!), but it has always been possible to disable the entire rear touchscreen from the settings menu - but doing so stops them being able to adjust the climate control, roof dimming, etc. which is far less annoying / potentially dangerous than the seats!

Very odd if there are no release notes, even if it is only a minor version of a minor version release it is still a different version with noticeable changes in the release! 

And you'd have thought they'd have numbered it 1.4.1w rather than 1.4.0x - I was previously thinking the "w" referred to the territory.

It’s two updates it appears.  W was first and X the updated update.

It’s in Display, Rear Display in Settings options.  I think it locks the whole thing (haven’t been in back yet).

After an hour drive all seems well and also stays in remembered Drive mode (currently) as opposed to always being Tour at startup.

Just had the update to 1.4.0w

not had chance to check everything yet, but the sound through CarPlay is massively better than before. Some actual bass coming through (standard KEF)

• Like 2

My download is stuck on 10GB and just seems to keep getting suspended (i presume due to poor wifi coverage from the house). I really would like a way to force it to start again.

Thanks for the feedback on the latest software update. Does anyone have any issues or feedback on the software or the process?

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I think it's the same experience I had with the last one...you get plenty of alerts on phone app that the download has been suspended, but whenever you go back and check the download, it says it's still at 0GB (even though I know it's been at 10GB).

Sat in car, connected to WiFi or mobile hotspot, you just can't force it to start downloading.....there needs to be an a percentage download status and a notice in car to clearly show it's talking and connected to the update servers.

If you check for updates via the car, it always says (like last time), you currently have the latest version and no updates available.

Just inconsistent messages.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bibs said:

Thanks for the feedback on the latest software update. Does anyone have any issues or feedback on the software or the process?

Pretty terrible.  As discussed above - no way to force it to start (Apple style). No Download indicator or marrying up between App and car interfaces.

Mine took 5 or 6 attempts between it failing and having to unlock car and then phone alerting to say it was working when patently wasn’t.  Had I not been techy I would have given up.

As someone who has run tech companies for 20 years it’s rank amateur that Lotus haven’t even got the basics correct.  It’s not hard.  If there were a few niggles they are forgivable, this is just badly written and tested software I am afraid.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bibs said:

My Eletre was delivered with OS 1.4.0w (no CP/AA). It has shown no sign of updating to 1.4.0x.
On the Lotus app it says "your version is the latest".
On the car it says there is an update available (release notes for 1.4.0w). As mentioned above it's frustrating there's no way to initiate the update.

A couple of months ago my car started showing an error that one of the front parking sensors was blocked. It did this every time I put the car in reverse.
Local dealer checked the car, noted an error, and ordered a new sensor. Apparently they have had a couple more do this.

Not had time to get the new part fitted yet, but post-upgrade to 1.4.0x, I no longer get the error.

Agreed with the dealer to hold off on replacing to see if the error message comes back. Maybe it was a software glitch in 1.0 and 1.3? Or maybe 1.4 has a bug that it doesn't show errors?

Anyone else have a front sensor issue?

10 hours ago, RichEV said:

My Eletre was delivered with OS 1.4.0w (no CP/AA). It has shown no sign of updating to 1.4.0x.

Magically my car has downloaded and installed 1.4.0x.
If somebody pressed a button behind the scenes thank you!

I say magically because the app notified me that a download was needed as I drove away from my office.
I arrived home 50 mins later and it was showing as 3.5 GB downloaded of 4.8 GB. I definitely wasn't on WiFi for that time.
It took about 5 mins to download the rest when the car connected to my home WiFi (reaching around 80 MBit/s according to the router).
Then 15 mins to prepare and install.
So 1h10m for the whole rigmarole. I'm fairly impressed.

My Eletre has now updated to 1.4.0x.
Still no sign of AA or CarPlay though. Grrr.
Just sending an email to Lotus Customer Services..

My car is currently in at Lotus Silverstone, and part of what I was hoping they would be able to sort is the software update to 1.4.0.  However, just heard from them that dealers are not able to control when software updates for cars are done, they don't even seem to have an easy way to request that any given car is updated.  That seems a bit mad based on the number of genuine problems with cars that software updates can address these days!  I am very impressed with the Lotus Silverstone thus far, so I'm pretty sure they are not fobbing me off with that as an excuse.

Not clear why the updates take so long to roll out, but it is frustrating!

When the update comes, does anyone know whether it will be straight from 1.3.0w to 1.4.0x, or does the 1.4.0w update need to happen before the 1.4.0x update?

44 minutes ago, kabre said:

When the update comes, does anyone know whether it will be straight from 1.3.0w to 1.4.0x, or does the 1.4.0w update need to happen before the 1.4.0x update?

Mine went straight from 1.3.0w to 1.4.0x

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RichEV said:

My Eletre has now updated to 1.4.0x.
Still no sign of AA or CarPlay though. Grrr.
Just sending an email to Lotus Customer Services..

That’s strange - 1.4.0 has the CarPlay. Have you tried re-pairing your phone? Whilst I look forward to further developments the arrival of CarPlay is a definite step forward! FWIW I entered this whole Lotus EV journey with a ‘spirit of adventure’ (I.e., modest expectations) and am really enjoying it!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DMR31 said:

1.4.0 has the CarPlay. Have you tried re-pairing your phone?

I did try re-pairing the phone. I've not had a lot of time to experiment, I might try a different phone next.

I've had a few of these 'new EV journeys' already - first UK Leaf (2011), early IPace, early Cupra Born and yes it is quite interesting.
It's clear there's a tendency for the software to be less finished as manufacturers rely more on OTA updates.
Leaf was solid from the start, IPace totally sorted after 2 years (and AA updated to wireless after 4 years), the Born sometimes undrivable during the first year. So I'm just very pleased the Lotus screen doesn't lock-up and prevent access to the climate controls, cameras, and map!
Interestingly both the IPace and the Born received efficiency improvements which really helped the range.

The update fairies have been very kind after all whilst my car is at Lotus Silverstone, it is now showing 1.4.0x on my app!

Hoping I do not have the same issue as @RichEV in getting AA to work.  Not sure if this is of any help in getting it to work (I won't get to try AA in mine until I collect it on Saturday), but when I test drove an Eletre back in September last year, the demo car had AA enabled - though it was too buggy to properly connect my Google Pixel phone.  But to manage the connection, there was a subtle extra icon for AA along with the icons for music and phone Bluetooth connectivity for the phone under the drop down Bluetooth menu from the icon at the top left of the screen.  Clicking that icon to enable it tried to start turning things on my phone, but it kept crapping out.  I'm assuming that the interface for that has not really changed.  I think there might also have been something under the Lotus Apps - but less convinced I am remembering that correctly!