Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
HyperOS Update? - Propulsion/Battery/Driving/Tech & App - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

HyperOS Update?

As anyone heard when we are expecting our first update in the UK/Europe for HyperOS from 1.0.0C to something higher?

Customer services were telling me on my handover that the plan was for a update to drop in mid-November, but nothing happened.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Also exciting to see what we can expect... Stay positive we are early adopters and we are a bit of beta testers. Coming from Tesla which is horrible build quality but top software, I think lotus got it pretty well on first attempt and updates do look promising. My biggest grievance at the moment is lack of android auto or at least a browser so I can run it over the browser.

Edited by Emil Borconi
  • Like 2

According to Customer Care team, as of yesterday they are not aware of when the next update is or what the update is in relation to 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

From my past experience with the UK team, it really does depend on who you speak to. I take my car delivery as an example, in the space of 1 week, I spoke to 3 people...one told me it was yet to built, one told me it was on the water and one told me it was a few days from arriving in the UK (it was the last one is reality)....either that was the fastest build ever or they don't have consistent comms.

Lotus comms, for me anyway, has been poor throughout and in many respects remains so. It would have been nice by now for a follow up customer call, from either HQ or dealer, to ask how things are...comments, feedback (as both Mercedes and Jaguar did with my past purchases).

• Like 1

My comms where better, been told in September that I can expect it end of October (hell only paid deposit in June by urge impulse buying after getting pissed about the brakes on Tesla 😂😂). Sure enough end of October it was in the Netherlands, but I was only able to pick it up on the 6th of Nov as I was away till then. So fingers crossed my rep is right with the firmware update as well. :)

Btw, digging on Baidu found that Chinese version of the mobile app is already at version 2.0.10 after some digging around managed to find a copy which could be installed on my phone (most online versions are arm32 only and I need arm64 APK). Sadly they use a login based on the phone number which is limited to Chinese number so no joy in checking out what's different 

• 2 weeks later...

it feels like these where different development teams. a slow european one and a highly "motivated" chinese team. 

i hope i am wrong. otherwise the chinese will be miles away from our development state.. 
dealer told me that the update from januar will mostly focus on carplay and android auto. 

Just checked in car and on mobile app. No new updates being detected for UK.

However, got to be honest, other than the Hyper Music (listed in link), I'm pretty sure the 1.0.0C (as we have in the UK) already includes everything. I'm therefore starting to question the numbering being used.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope it's deployed soon as I still want to get to the bottom of the poor audio I have, either it be software issue or I have a faulty audio module in the car.