Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
HyperOS Update? - Page 8 - Propulsion/Battery/Driving/Tech & App - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

HyperOS Update?

1 hour ago, PaulT said:

All upgraded to 1.5.1u

All working with no issues (had to resume the upgrade download 4 times though)

Shortcut to speed limit stuff, etc top right of screen and very welcome

Still waiting for the upgrade here. any chance of a quick video of the speed limit stuff shortcut?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PaulT said:

All upgraded to 1.5.1u

All working with no issues (had to resume the upgrade download 4 times though)

Shortcut to speed limit stuff, etc top right of screen and very welcome

1 minute ago, PaulT said:

Great stuff!!! Makes turning that off that bit quicker 

Totally agree - but in Lotus' defence I think that is EuroNCAP and interpretations of their rules when it comes to what might negatively impact a car's safety rating that is the problem - and most mfgs are err'ing on the side of caution.

I think that EuroNCAP are actually making cars more dangerous at the moment with their insistence on the use of insufficiently robust ADAS type systems.  There's been a lot in the news recently that singles out MG following a Which survey of the EV4 that highlights the potential dangers - but I actually think that Lotus (and most other mfgs) all have the same issues.  These ADAS systems are far too immature and there is seemingly insufficient testing in real world situations.  I'm amazed that there has not yet been more publicised instanced of head on crashes on country lanes where ASAS has cause a car to swerve directly into an oncoming vehicle - and it is all too easy to blame the driver in such situations!

The new on-screen button is a step in the right direction for convenience, but it would be so much better to be able to remember that these settings are turned off.  It is too often too much of a distraction when I only remember the need to turn them off after I've started driving!

I don't disagree, I am just speculating that BMW might be better placed to have what I am suspecting are detailed and nuanced discussions with the European regulatory bodies that are setting these rules than either Lotus or MG.  And I think the potentially significant commercial impact of getting such interpretations wrong might just be making Louts et al over cautious.  It will be interesting to see how the MG situation plays out, but doubt that making it easier to turn off systems that are now mandated in Europe off will be accepted by the mainstream media as a sensible resolution.

Just upgraded to 1.5.1.  Usual problem with needing to have the car turned on and connected to wifi, but the car only went to sleep once during the update this time.  But I always pity anyone that needs to do OTA updates without a secure private driveway / garage!

Updated my software this morning too, to 1.5.1u. All went pretty well actually and much quicker/smoother than when going from 1.4.0>1.5.0

1. HUD Imperial values instead of KMs much better and there seems to be more info in terms of the street info that you are shown in the HUD. 

2. Short Cut to Driving Aids saves a couple of key stokes so that is better. 

3. Volume returning to normal after a system announcement (Nav instruction, Speed Camera warning, etc)

4. Cannot comment on the DAB performance as of yet, but i have to say mine was pretty good anyway. 

5. App Store Apps updated successfully and quickly, download the Dolby Atmos Test app.......🤪 what a a way to showcase the quality of the KEF system. 

• Like 1

Upgraded last night. All went smoothly.

Nice to see the ambient lighting, and the HUD fix for imperial distances.

Will have to wait to see if the driver aid sensitivity changes has resulted in fewer random steering events, and less moaning about my lane management

3 hours ago, aquiss said:

I'm currently 2GB shy of the full download as I play the "wifi and car going to sleep games" but should hopefully get the rest down today. 

Keep car unlocked if you can and it won’t go to sleep. Quickest way if safe to do so. Otherwise sitting in the car as it’s fairly fast to download on a good condition. 

DAB Issues seem to finally have been fixed in 1.5.1U

The audio no longer sounds really clippy (ie: too much bass and treble) to the point it was awful. I tested a few stations that I know were using certain broadcast codecs and these are now much improved.

One thing I have noticed (and I'm not sure others have), did anyone spot that LIDAR option disappeared again in 1.5.0? This has not come back as of 1.5.1U

There was a option in the safety section (in 1.4.0) that you could open the LIDAR sensors. This was ideal as it allowed me to clean them when washing the car to make sure grit and dirt was all out. Whilst I know legally they can't be used currently in the UK whilst driving, it would at least be nice open for them for cleaning purposes.

4 minutes ago, aquiss said:

One thing I have noticed (and I'm not sure others have), did anyone spot that LIDAR option disappeared again in 1.5.0? This has not come back as of 1.5.1U

There was an option in the safety section (in 1.4.0) that you could open the LIDAR sensors. This was ideal as it allowed me to clean them when washing the car to make sure grit and dirt was all out. Whilst I know legally they can't be used currently in the UK whilst driving, it would at least be nice open for them for cleaning purposes

Mine still had the option to open the LIDAR sensors for cleaning and didn’t disappear when it upgraded originally to 1.5.0……

the option is still there too since going to 1.5.1u

2 minutes ago, KT LER said:

Mine still had the option to open the LIDAR sensors for cleaning and didn’t disappear when it upgraded originally to 1.5.0……

the option is still there too since going to 1.5.1u

Are you still seeing this under the safety section?

On 01/08/2024 at 07:42, kabre said:

Just upgraded to 1.5.1.  Usual problem with needing to have the car turned on and connected to wifi, but the car only went to sleep once during the update this time.  But I always pity anyone that needs to do OTA updates without a secure private driveway / garage!

I sit on the street, in London on 5G with it paired to unlimited data iPhone 15Pro.

It’s scumbag cheapskate not to have included a data package that allows for OTA.

But then my car is totally broken so doesn’t really matter at the moment!

Digital key sorted today at Silverstone Lotus. I wasn’t going mad, the entire Bluetooth module required a full software reboot and flash to enable it. Once done though it paired with in seconds!!!! Winter mats still on back order so awaiting those! 

1 hour ago, KT LER said:

Digital key sorted today at Silverstone Lotus. I wasn’t going mad, the entire Bluetooth module required a full software reboot and flash to enable it. Once done though it paired with in seconds!!!! Winter mats still on back order so awaiting those! 

So is it the bluetooth module flash and reboot that is the reason that all car needs to go to the dealer to enable the digital key, or was that for a separate issue you were having? 

If the former, then the reflash sounds like something that can potentially be done to all cars now, so that for those of us waiting for the Android version of digital key, when we get the OTA update it will hopefully just work without needing to subsequently schedule a trip to the dealer!?

Hi there 

Yes it’s the Bluetooth module that was hard reset and flashed again, so must have been a fault. They seemed to have seen it before too but it took about 2 hours to do in total. The digital key is excellent, literally walk up to the car with your phone in your pocket, it’s all opens up and place the phone on the NFC reader and your away…..truly keyless.

I didn’t have any other faults other than the key simply wouldn’t set up.

23 minutes ago, KT LER said:

Hi there 

Yes it’s the Bluetooth module that was hard reset and flashed again, so must have been a fault. They seemed to have seen it before too but it took about 2 hours to do in total. The digital key is excellent, literally walk up to the car with your phone in your pocket, it’s all opens up and place the phone on the NFC reader and your away…..truly keyless.

I didn’t have any other faults other than the key simply wouldn’t set up.

Do you have to put phone in NFC area or is it UWB which shouldn’t require that?