Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ambiant Lighting Eletre base - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Ambiant Lighting Eletre base

Hello, I am Frédéric ROGER,
I bought a Lotus Eletre in Lyon (France)which will be delivered to me on December 18th. 
I went to look at the car yesterday before delivery, it is beautiful.
I was buying an S version but used to driving an electric vehicle, I definitely wanted 20-inch wheels for better autonomy, hence my purchase of a base version with a few options.

I knew there wouldn't be a choice of 64 colors on the dashboard.
But the seller told me that it also existed on the base model but probably with a more limited choice of colors.
What a disappointment to discover that there is nothing on the basic version!

The seller confirms to me that it is just software and that there should be an update.
Does Someone have informations about this upda
Best regards,

Fred

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, fred962 said:
I knew there wouldn't be a choice of 64 colors on the dashboard.
But the seller told me that it also existed on the base model but probably with a more limited choice of colors.
What a disappointment to discover that there is nothing on the basic version!

I think it depends when you original placed your order, however, some changes to the features appear to have happened, certainly within EU markets. Base models lost some features and S and R seemed to gain a couple of features that were extras, but appear to have comes with cars. 

A base Eletre does not get Premium Ambient Lighting (as shown today) this only comes with the S and R models.

Yes, of cours you are right.

It is just that the experience with the car is different. I knew it when I ordered but i thought having one or two colors.

Of course, i will be happy with an OTA update or if i had to pay for it.

Lets see.

Thank you. Have a good day

• 1 month later...

During the order, like you, I was promised a minimum of white lighting, and today I see that nothing is in place. The online service had written to me about white lighting. But now, there has been a turnaround; they say that it's not the case, and the Base Model will have nothing. And there are no planned updates to change this. Additionally, this week, the lighting on the 3D configurator has disappeared. This is the response from the product development team. I find it incredible to have to fight for something as simple as having proper lighting in a 100k car, and Lotus's response is that it's normal.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,
Do you think that everything is pre-installed and that it's just a software problem?

In my opinion, in order to save costs, no LEDs are installed from the outset. Thank you for your reply.

21 hours ago, Thioux said:

Hello,
Do you think that everything is pre-installed and that it's just a software problem?

That has been a common approach in the past by some manufacturers. It saves money by just installing one wiring loom, having one standard build line etc.

In the past cars have been shipped with heated seats, but the buttons to operate them were blanks and to make them work, you just needed buttons and to tell the ecu to activate. No idea if this is the case with Lotus.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 4 weeks later...

So on cars without "Premium" Ambient Lighting do you get the red bar lighting up across the dash as part of the car's collision warning?

If you do then I guess it proves the LEDs are physically present.

Interesting.

I have a base Eletre which happened to to specified with "Premium" Ambient Lighting. I'm a bit underwhelmed - it doesn't seem to change with drive mode as promised. Also it's only that light strip on the dash (I think, haven't driven in the dark much).
In my iPace the premium lighting included centre console, footwell, and door bin illumination; All of which turned red in Dynamic drive mode.
Is there any more ambient lighting on the S or R which I am missing?

1 hour ago, RichEV said:

Is there any more ambient lighting on the S or R which I am missing?

We get to select from about 64 colours (so not really a full RGB selector, but choice). It's across the dash, footwell, door bins. The door sills are also lit, which I don't think the base gets. Drive mode does not change the colour (coming from the I-Pace myself I know what you mean), the light remains the same colour.

1 hour ago, aquiss said:

It's across the dash, footwell, door bins.

Ah now that's what I was expecting. I'll recheck my own car before making further comment.

In the configurator for CONFIGURABLE AMBIENT LIGHTING it says -
  "Inside the cabin, intelligent lighting reacts to the driving mode, variations in climate, app connectivity, and battery levels."
So I guess this didn't all get implemented yet.
It does do a fancy green display when the charger is connected.

4 minutes ago, RichEV said:

"Inside the cabin, intelligent lighting reacts to the driving mode, variations in climate, app connectivity, and battery levels."

Not seeing any of those actions playing out currently. If you change the drive mode, the screen changes a little, but that's it.