Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Has anyone managed to get the phone app to control their Eletre? - Propulsion/Battery/Driving/Tech & App - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Has anyone managed to get the phone app to control their Eletre?

My app appears to be connected, via the QR code login option in the car's settings. But so far, the phone app does not seem to contol the car. My app will not unlock/lock the car, or turn on the aircon.

I am using an Android phone.  Has anyone succeeded?

I am also wondering if anybody has seen an over the air software upgrade happen yet?

Edited by SteveLow

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

A couple of our members were asked to help trial the update process to 1.3.0W which is now done so the larger OTA update to everyone will be happening very soon, eg in the next few days/week I believe. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

That will be good news.  At the moment I am disappointed to have switched from Lotus from Tesla.  I can't believe I need to carry a keycard and tap it both on the door, and again on the charging mat.  So backward!   I keep on forgetting that I need to lock my car too

28 minutes ago, SteveLow said:

My app appears to be connected, via the QR code login option in the car's settings. But so far, the phone app does not seem to contol the car. My app will not unlock/lock the car, or turn on the aircon.

I am using an Android phone.  Has anyone succeeded?

I am also wondering if anybody has seen an over the air software upgrade happen yet?

I've been controlling my car, via Android, since November. The app certainly works fine with 1.0.0C

I would contact customer services and just make sure your account is linked to your Eletre correctly.

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

I hardly ever use the card anymore given the faff involved. The fob works much better and you should have been given one with the car. The app works fine on my iPhone so probably worth a call to your dealer if the app still doesn't work. Mine made sure it was fine while I was collecting the car. (Bell & Colvill).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

A couple of our members were asked to help trial the update process to 1.3.0W which is now done so the larger OTA update to everyone will be happening very soon, eg in the next few days/week I believe. 

Very exciting.  Happy to assist in future if/when my car actually appears 😉

Any listing available, or going to be, of what’s fixed/updated in the upgrade - quite a big jump .0 to .3W revision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Philip W

A really silly question, but I was not using the fob because I can't attach it to a key ring.  It's just a solid triangle.  How do you handle the fob?

Edited by SteveLow

Hi Steve,

I just keep the fob in my pocket without bothering about a key ring. Granted, you can occasionally forget to take it out but normally I easily find it again. I'm one of those people who has always kept car keys separate from house keys so the lack of key ring attachment didn't bother me. Using the fob is miles easier than prating about with the card.

Some guys have come up with a leather pouch for the fob so they can attach it to a key ring - there is mention of it on the forum somewhere.

• Like 1

Yeah remote works but the app is miles behind the Tesla app. Tye widget is useless as it will open the app then perform the task, but this works sometimes and sometimes it just times out. Lack of digital key is annoying, apparently firmware 1.4.0 will add support for digital carkey (something different then Tesla as Tesla has a different approach), but the 1.4.0 firmware only specifies apple digital carkey, do hope they wont limit to Apple as Google also supports the tech.

• Thanks 1

I will also add, I've found the scanning of the QR code via the app, that is displayed in the car, to match profiles, pretty hit and miss on Android.

It sits there, trying to scan, but it's quite rare that it don't take dozens of attempts to make it work. A mix of sunshine coming in the front window and finger print marks on the tablet screen, seem to really throw it, for my current Sony mobile anyway.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have resolved the same issue.  Most likely you are using a different email address to the one Lotus hardwired into the car.  Contact Lotus customer support, tell them which email address you want to use, wait a few days and then it should be sorted.

• Like 1