Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Quaife limited slip differential for Exige Sport 410 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Quaife limited slip differential for Exige Sport 410

I might be intereseted in the future to install a quaife diff in my Exige 410. My question is about which exact model is needed, and the pricing. 
I'm based in Switzerland, so my first go to sources are my lotus dealership, and Komotec (Germany).

Komotec has the Quaife listed at 1579.- Euro (excluding shipping costs).
https://www.komo-tec.com/en/lotus-evora/supercharger/gearbox/386/limited-slip-differential-quaife-exige-s-v6/evora-2gr/ea60?c=908

The lotus dealership in Switzerland is even worse at 1730.- Euro! 

If I google a bit, I can find results from the UK (directly from Quaife), for... 868.- Euro (including shipping costs)!
https://shop.quaife.co.uk/shop/atb-differentials/quaife-lotus-elise-exige-aisin-bc16-atb-differential/

Am I missing something here? Is there a reason why i should buy the part in Switzerland / Germany and pay DOUBLE? Is this the same differential? 

Edited by lil_greenie

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks Dave! 

Are there any additional parts needed, or is the rest of the job just man hours / work? This is where i am not sure if the items sold by Komotec / my lotus dealership, differ (and therefor are so much more expensive)?

Or is this really just a markup on price here in Switzerland / Germany? I cannot imagine that import taxes will be anywhere near 800-900 Euro...

• Gold FFM

The additional parts would be diff bearings, driveshaft oil seals, hub nuts (maybe), gearbox oil.  The rest is man hours.

Inspect everything in the gearbox and clutch whilst it is apart.

Dave

• Like 1

I was told that there is another LSD option called Mfactory, which should be the same spec as Quaife, but a bit cheaper. Maybe someone who is having this can share some feedback as well.