Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dry sump oil level - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dry sump oil level

Hello, I have recently acquired a dry sump esprit (1980). Can anyone tell me the difference between the low oil level mark and the high oil level mark on the dipstick. I know you have to do the check within two minutes of running but I want to know approximately how much oil is needed to raise the level from the low mark to the high mark. Any help much appreciated.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it the procedure to check tank level within 2 minutes of shutting down? A dry sump system should be fairly forgiving of levels between high and low in tank if correct procedure followed.

Cheers

I think that is exactly the procedure that Pete was saying. His question is how much oil takes you from low to high; that doesn't seem to be mentioned in the service notes that I have read; is it listed in the handbook? Someone with a dry sump must know. Or work it out with some maths perhaps.

• Gold FFM

I spoke to Gerald at GST about this when I had a dry sump and I am sure he said it was 1 litre. I would definitely give him a call to confirm though. He is always happy to help