Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora S IPS gearbox speed sensor replacement - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora S IPS gearbox speed sensor replacement

Go to solution Solved by 21gg,

Does anyone know how many hours it takes to replace gearbox speed sensor on IPS evora S 2013 model ? Just trying to understand the cost . Part is about £360 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I dont know but it will involve presumabley taking the sump off and dropping the valve body assembly, so a gearbox oil change at a minimum. Do i presume you are getting an error code indicating the sensor is faulty? I ask, as a couple of years ago I had some issues which eventually cleared, the code was read and it did relate to one of the gearbox sensors. Fast forward to this year and it was found to have corrosion on the gearbox connector. That needs a new connector for the gearbox side and normally an engine loom.  The garage has re-pinned mine, I presume as a bit of an exercise, so its cost a lot less than replacing the engine loom, but dont know if it would actually be viable for them tbh.

we had the engine harness replaced years ago and now IPS gets stuck in 3rd; the error code suggests we have a problem with the gearbox speed sensor and someone said it will take about 3 days (undertray, valve block, gear selector motor) to replace the gearbox speed sensor and fully service transmission gearbox ( checking oil levels at 40 degrees). I am just trying to understand the cost of doing this. Looks like around £2,5K is about right? 

• Solution

Well ive just had the connector in the gearbox replaced and the pins on the loom. I believe they pins took longer than expected and they didnt remove the gear selector that Im aware of but my invoice was just over half of what youre suggesting. They have 8 hours labour against it and thats a main dealer. So they had to drop the valve block and replace the gearbox oil etc so in theory that leaves them 2 days to do the extra beyond that for the selector and speed sensor. Just looking at the parts diagram, my part was no21 the speed sensor is no22. Looking at the article on page 10 of this:-

https://gearsmagazine.com/resources/issues/130101000301826000.pdf

https://parts.bellandcolvill.co.uk/deroure?qs=1&preview=1&make=1&model=20&groupid=12732

Then it looks like it just bolts/clips onto the valve body asssembley?

• Like 2