Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Is GardX worth getting ? - Eletre Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Is GardX worth getting ?

PaulT

Morning all, had the happy phone call from Lotus yesterday to say my Eletre will also hit the uk in May. Has anyone had the optional GardX treatment applied ?

If so, is it worth it ?

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not from what I've experienced. It's £500 and I think they just spray it on and wipe it off from what they did to my wife's new to us car. I've had to take it back because of issues. I would spend the money on some other treatment from your local detailer or do it yourself.

Same. They did it for free on my BMW and it lasts a week or two, waste of money and you'd be better off with a ceramic treatment from a detailer. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Hmm, according to the Lotus Ceramic Paint Protection PDF I have for the Emira they are using the CX2 Ceramic paint protection.
Is it just not as good as other ceramic protection products?

There are other GardX products like the GX1 paint protection which doesn't mention ceramic so maybe not quite as effective?

I have no experience in this area 🤔

The product may be as good as any other ceramic coating, but as with most things, the result is only as good as the preparation before the product is applied.  A detailer will prepare the surface by decontaminating and refining the surface before application, this can take many passes which takes time.  I cannot imagine that the same level of care is being taken at the pricepoint mentioned above.

Thank you all, think I will not tick that box and get a professional to apply one