Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elan +2 bonnet release cable - Classic Elan - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Elan +2 bonnet release cable

• Gold FFM

Adjusted the cable so both latches release at the same time. You would of been better off posting this in the Elan section of the forum. There will be more people able to help you there.

• Shock 1

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

• Gold FFM

Savvas, if you are fitting a new cable or adjusting an old one. Make sure there is no free play in the cable between the pull handle and either of the two latches. 👍

It is a similar release system used on the Esprit rear hood/bonnet,

• Like 1

Dear Grahame, since the bonnet mechanism is only offered by only a few vendors in bits 'n pieces and not as a whole system I really don't know where to start from. I purchased the 2 catches and installed them in the bulkhead, now I can't figure out how to connect the cables, which I believe have special end points, connectors and mounting instructions.... 

• Gold FFM

Ah, ok. So you might not have all the parts needed. Unfortunately full forum membership of this forum will only give you access to the esprit part manuals.

What you really need is the parts manual for your Elan so you could check the parts you have and identify the parts you are missing.

I would definitely recommend trying a similar post to this in the classic elan part of this forum but, I think there is probably a forum dedicated solely for the Elan out there.

sorry I can’t help you more.

44 minutes ago, Savvas Kalfas said:

now I can't figure out how to connect the cables, which I believe have special end points, connectors and mounting instructions

You may get more answers on these forums

https://lotuselan.net/forums/

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/

Good luck :thumbup:

• Like 1

Cheers,

John W