Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Window Regulator availability at Lotus - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Window Regulator availability at Lotus

My car been at my local lotus garage for over 4 weeks , it went in for engine codes but also I was told my brakes discs and pads need replacing. 
additionally I had to have window regulator but this part has been missing from lotus delivery to garage and this despite it showing in stock ?
Has anyone know if this is available elsewhere ? Just to put icing on a cake the battery went flat after a couple of weeks sat outside in garage car park🫤

Another icing & candle on the cake just been given redundancy notice 😥 

Clive, sorry to hear about your redundancy notice 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Cheers Darryl

just had 2nd interview this afternoon looks promising but have a couple of other 2nd interviews lined up in next few days one is part time which really interest as I can consider semi retirement but add some consultancy work for extra income or even do more DJing ? 

• Like 2

Had an update from my lotus service centre, the window part was missed on the order and lotus didn’t realise so basically a big mess up !
the part id due for delivery on Monday and fitting will be completed by Wednesday so I hopefully be able to pick up car finally ?  

• 2 months later...

The window regulator was changed on my 430 just before I bought it almost 4 years ago, but it seems to have stopped working as of yesterday. As yet I don't know where the fault is, but if it needs another new one then this must be a crappy part. Have seen other threads on here and elsewhere suggesting the same. Am hoping its just a small fault somewhere.

My MG V6 is 21 years old has done over 60k miles and strangely enough neither of the power windows have ever stopped working.  

6 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

this must be a crappy part.

It is and seems to be one of the most common parts that fails on an Evora.

If I was made of money I'd buy a right and a left one and just stick them in the box for the future. 

I think I did see someone tried to work out if came from another car, possible a Seat IIRC, but just can't remember. Old age is killing my brain cells softly, but quickly.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yes had a look at some other threads, also on another forum, the Seat parts have been looked at but are not quite the same apparently. If I do have to get a replacement then I will defo keep the old one to have a look at.

Even the RR window regulator is half the Lotus price and are available s/h cheaply.

Perhaps I should just buy a new car.

• Haha 1