Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 OEM Subwoofer - connections - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 OEM Subwoofer - connections

I've recently bought a 400 and it has the sub in the rear (driver's side) as expected.   

The previous owner fitted a newer Alpine unit (ILX-W690D) with CarPlay etc, but the OEM subwoofer doesn’t seem to work.

I’ve pulled out the head unit and it’s plugged in (2x RCA connectors) and it’s enabled on the head unit (and turned up!), am I missing something…….

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bibs, but it's a newer Alpine head unit (entry level but with with CarPlay) and doesn't have those menus and settings etc, annoyingly!

• 4 weeks later...

I have  a ILX wW90D and my sub woofer works fine ,have you turned it on through the sound menu? also the the rca leads are the leads you use for the sub not the lotus harness which only powers the door speakers.

Simplest things first.

6 hours ago, fflyingdog said:

I have  a ILX wW90D and my sub woofer works fine ,have you turned it on through the sound menu? also the the rca leads are the leads you use for the sub not the lotus harness which only powers the door speakers.

Yes, turned on and connected via the RCA leads.    Have you actually put your hand over the sub when you’re playing music?    It’s easy to think it’s working when actually it’s the amp boosting the bass from the woofers in the doors….

DYes you can hear it thumping away , I turned the sub setting up really high on the head unit.Just a thought I wonder have you checked the fuse R17 in rear fuse box ? ( 20 amp)

Btw my unit is a ILX W690D

I messed up my previous post !

Edited by fflyingdog
Corrections

Simplest things first.

5 minutes ago, fflyingdog said:

DYes you can hear it thumping away , I turned the sub setting up really high on the head unit.Just a thought I wonder have you checked the fuse R17 in rear fuse box ? ( 20 amp)

Btw my unit is a ILX W690D

I messed up my previous post !

Thanks - will check the fuse 👍🏻

After what you said I double checked mine and it's definitely working  used a Queen track "Another one bites the dust" to make sure lol

Simplest things first.

I've just  installed the w690 in my na Evora, I have plugged the RCA connectors into the Rear speakers RCA this enabled you to fade the sound to the Sub/ rear. There are adjustments for Base Fade and subwoofer power in the menus along with High/ low pass filters. The Sub works better than ever. I also connected a KTA450 amp behind the receiver which has brought my Focol door speakers and tweeters to life.