Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fuel tank breather pipes - Fuel System/Carbs - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Fuel tank breather pipes

Hello, on my 19080 Turbo the breather pipes that join the two tanks and run at the top of the engine bay by the window have completely perished. I need to source the correct size and type of pipe to do the replacement. Can anyone point me to a source in the UK for this type of pipe ?

TIA

Peter

tank breather.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

PNM can supply a replacement hose for the tank breather system but, I don’t know if it is exactly the same sized tube as was originally fitted to your vehicle.

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

• Gold FFM

Sorry Peter, I should of added to y original post that the clear PNM hose may be a slightly bigger diameter to the original lotus tube.

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

Tygon brand vinyl tubing is resistant to fuel vapors and is easier to bend around the corners than rubber fuel line, which is what I used (with difficulty) more than a decade ago. Hopefully you can find a UK source.

https://www.tubes-international.com/products/industrial-hoses-delivery-and-suction-hoses/tygon-hoses-and-tubings/

I needed to buy angle attachments and size reducers for the rubber lines, as not all of the fittings were the same size, on our '88. 🤬

Later I helped an owner with an '83 Turbo replace their hoses with Tygon, and it worked a treat!

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA