Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Drivers Window Loose - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Drivers Window Loose

Hello,

I have recently noticed my drivers side window glass to be loose / will move from side to side in the door card, in my Evora 410 Sport.

With the door card off I have found what looks to be the issue but unsure what this part / bracket / fixing is and what might any repair be?  Images attached.

This area is the opposite end to the door speaker.

Thank you,

Phil

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking at the parts diagram, it looks like there are two holes in the door, presumabley screw fixings for the window runner? So im guessing and saying either the screws have rusted or the bracket on the runner has rusted? So I think the repair will be replacing the window runner most likely.

https://parts.bellandcolvill.co.uk/deroure?qs=1&preview=1&make=1&model=47&groupid=12766

Not easy to tell from your images.

The glass is gripped into the riser mechanism with two clamps - one fore one aft. Black rubber pads (for obvious reasons), with clamp bolts/nuts. I don't think that's what I see in your images (but I am not sure).

You can see the black rubber clamp sections on this image from @EuropaSman (the nuts & bolts aren't in place in this pic). If the bolts aren't done up tightly enough, you can move the glass forwards and backwards.

spacer.png

Another potential culprit could be the rail adjusting screw, which varies the angle of the forward/rearward guide rail. This has the effect of dictating how forcefully the glass pushes into rubber seal at the top of the door aperture when the door is closed, in order to create a seal. Part no.6 on the deroure page that @21gg posted the link for.

If you adjust these without knowing what you are doing - they can fall out and end up rattling around at the bottom of your door. Ask me how I know. If they fall out then sitting in the drivers seat you can press gently and make the top of the glass move away from the seal.

They are easy enough to re-fit, but you need to turn them in the right direction - one end is standard thread, the other a reverse thread (so that when you turn it one way the gap between the adjuster blocks grows, and turning it the other way the gap closes).

Im not sure but thinking its part number 3 in the parts diagram, but as you say, its hard to tell from the picture.

Thank you for the replies.

I will try and get some better images but basically when you move/wobble the top of the glass with your hand from side to side, the whole area where the rust is in the red box on my images, will move with the glass as you move left or right. 

Presuming that the lever to the left is the back of the door handle? So your picture is looking upwards to the rear of the door? If so it does look like the mouning of the rear guide chanel to me. 

Gav