Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elise S1 - Position lamp not working Offside Front (Osf side light is not working correctly) - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Elise S1 - Position lamp not working Offside Front (Osf side light is not working correctly)

This is one of reasons my Elise S1 failed its MOT.  My car is due for repairs on the 16th July but today I had an email from Peter Wan at B&C to say that headlamps are no longer available. Surely the position lamp is located on the side of the car and could just need a new bulb. Can anyone clarify ASAP, please.

Thank you.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Sidelight is usually poor connection on the bulb holder or bulb itself.  Or if the bulb holder is failed, I think they are available separately.  Five minute fix.

Dave

Very easy fix.  The sidelight bulb sits in a plastic holder that just pushes into the back of the headlight.  It can be accessed through the bung on the front of the wheel arch liner, you will have to turn the steering to get a hand in. Usually it just needs a wiggle if the bulb hasn't blown. 

Useless memory but were the headlights from a Renault 4 or similar?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Thank you for your replies. I also believed it would be an easy fix but the garage I use (Bell & Colvil) insist I need a completely new headlamp conversion kit. The original Cibie headlamps are no longer available so I bought the following:

https://www.eliseparts.com/shop/left-hand-drive-parts/s1-elise-exige-headlight-conversion/

Perhaps I should have taken the car elsewhere for a second opinion but my MOT expired soon after I received the very short notice that new headlamps are required. Consequently I had to cancel the repairs scheduled for the 16th July and now have to wait until the 21st August.

Edited by Bibs

Looks like a good choice to me and the price seems very reasonable compared to the plastic modern light units I've just been looking at for my daily.