Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
V8 ALTERNATOR - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

V8 ALTERNATOR

HI all,im in the process of replacing my alternator and have noticed these 2 holes when loosening the serpentine belt.Does anyone know what goes into those holes? Am i missing a part?regards

IMG_5279.JPG

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,just a heads up,my alternator recently died after 8 years,the regulator was no longer working.Even though it still looked new,it wasnt charging.After removing if i ended purchasing a new one from PNM and installed it with no problems.So then i thought lets see if i can recondition the old one and have it as a spare.Contacted Powerlite in England to see if they could sell me a regulator.They were not interested at all in supplying the regulator,all they wanted was for me to send them the old unit and have it reconditioned.It would have cost double for a reco than just buying a new one.There you go....

image0(63).jpeg

image0(62).jpeg

image1(25).jpeg

Edited by lotuslover1
  • Like 2

If you have the par number, you might be able to find the regulator elsewhere. I usually have alternators and starters recondition by a local guy, excellent work for a very fair price (€100-150). I've done a few myself as well, for instance if it is clear only the regulator has failed.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Finding the parts is often the hardest part...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.