Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Broken….. - Eletre & Emeya Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Broken…..

Just heard from dealer.  Car has sub woofer fixed and sounds great.

Slight issue is ‘it won’t go forwards or backwards’.  Apparently it’s stuck in workshop and D or R simply won’t engage.

They obviously tried reset but the car is 18% charged and Silverstone charger is, you guessed it, 500 metres down the road so you can’t even do a full software flash or upgrade to 1.5.1u.

Anyone else experienced this?  Apparently 12V is fine and charged and car turns on but HV isn’t engaging.  That sounds pretty concerning to me…. You get full roadside assistance with Lotus right :-)?

Lotus field engineer coming out but I am not confident as Lotus have, as we know, been the most hopeless organisation to deal with in the world.

Edited by RogEletre

Assume no granny lead to plug in to get some charge into car?

I thought you had a 3pin household charge lead.

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

I do, but it's it's dead, dead apparently.  HV Battery failure and only people from China can fix, if it's fixable.  Apparently one other case on Owners Facebook page and it's been broken and not fixed since April.  It's a fundamental fault/issue of course.

Obviously in contact with Escalations and have made my minimum restitution known but will obviously only comment further if/when that's sorted.

@Bibs - it's possible I may need some assistance if at all possible sir - apparently it's with Senior Management who met today and again tomorrow.......

• Like 1

@RogEletre sorry to hear that, was hopping with 18% you might have been in luck 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

14 hours ago, RogEletre said:

I do, but it's it's dead, dead apparently.  HV Battery failure and only people from China can fix, if it's fixable.  Apparently one other case on Owners Facebook page and it's been broken and not fixed since April.  It's a fundamental fault/issue of course.

Obviously in contact with Escalations and have made my minimum restitution known but will obviously only comment further if/when that's sorted.

@Bibs - it's possible I may need some assistance if at all possible sir - apparently it's with Senior Management who met today and again tomorrow.......

Really sorry to hear that, and best of luck with getting it sorted.  Let's hope Lotus see this as an opportunity to demonstrate excellent customer service - the cost of doing do is usually only a fraction of the cost of damage to reputation if issues like this are seen to take a protracted amount time to fix or if there is a sense of penny pinching in doing so.

• Like 1

Starting to seem to me like Lotus are being used as guinea pigs and Geely roll the working stuff out to their other brands once teething issues worked out.

• Like 1

On 17/08/2024 at 09:12, Bibs said:

Let me know if I can help :)

Thanks so much - not been posting as been in conversations with Lotus Escalations.  To be fair they need to investigate and confirm (it's still broken of course).  It's been in dealer over a month now and was stuck on their ramp for a week!

I have confirmed that I can't and won't accept the vehicle back - if, as they have confirmed thus far, it is a fault with HV and it needs China to fly over to 'fix' then it's fundamental to the vehicle.

I am waiting on a call back today after (another) senior management team meeting when they apparently will have the information confirmed from Techs and China.  They haven't been very swift but Rowan in escalations has been as excellent as he can be given there isn't much he can actually do.

Post the update today @Bibs I might need to ask a huge favour to see if you can prod someone.  If they haven't agreed what next steps are by this afternoon then will just throw Lawyers at it.  I have made a very reasonable offer to Lotus to avoid full rejection process I believe.  We shall see in next couple of hours I suspect....

Frustrating as otherwise what else is there out there similar...?

On 22/08/2024 at 11:43, Bibs said:

I've passed this on to the team, sounds like they've stepped up to the plate for you and the right result. :)

I very, very much appreciate it.  They have made contact to say Finance involved to do their stuff and fingers crossed for next week or two.  Will keep posted!

Agree fully - very decent, right thing to do but then companies tend not to so fair play to them.  Hope this one is ok haha!

• Like 1