Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Road Trip - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Road Trip

• Gold FFM

So after getting back from my fairly lengthy European road trip a month ago and getting a few withdrawal symptoms I fancy another road trip but this time taking the Lotus. It’s an organised trip doing the west coast of Scotland. I’ve a 9 hour journey from Devon just to get to the starting venue then we have 5 nights 4 days of decent driving roads along many scenic routes leaving 20th September. Anyone ever been to any of these places? It is booked 👍😁

IMG_1121.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

Only been once to the Highlands so the Geography is pretty unknown up that part of the World for me.

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

17 minutes ago, mayevora said:

So after getting back from my fairly lengthy European road trip a month ago and getting a few withdrawal symptoms I fancy another road trip but this time taking the Lotus. It’s an organised trip doing the west coast of Scotland. I’ve a 9 hour journey from Devon just to get to the starting venue then we have 5 nights 4 days of decent driving roads along many scenic routes leaving 20th September. Anyone ever been to any of these places? It is booked 👍😁

IMG_1121.jpeg

We've done all those places over the years and actually took the Evora over to Skye in May this year, after an initial stay in Edinburgh with a relative.

We based ourselves at Fort Augustus for the Highland bits and the journey up through Glen Coe on the A82 is always amazing.

We were impressed with the overall quality of the roads this year and experienced way less potholes than we have down in Northants etc.

I think you'll be fine with the distances. In my opinion it's all doable in the 5 days, but we are used to doing group tours, and the high mileage days that these often entail.

Are you doing this from 21st Sept by any chance?

• Like 1

Ian, doing this trip with the wife? - squashy clothes bags all round.

• Gold FFM
15 minutes ago, Simon Bateman said:

Are you doing this from 21st Sept by any chance?

Yes. I’ll leave Devon 20th but the organised trip starts 21st 😊

15 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Ian, doing this trip with the wife? - squashy clothes bags all round.

Aaaaaa No lol. Me and a mate from Bristol.

Wash bag, shorts and a few T-shirts 😊

15 minutes ago, mayevora said:

Yes. I’ll leave Devon 20th but the organised trip starts 21st 😊

Well, I assume you are going with Mike at Making Tracks.

We haven't done one of his yet, but have booked a future trip. 

My wife is on Facebook and shows me tour pics from his trips and I recall seeing an Evora previously.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Yes. Seems like a well established and organised event host with excellent communications so far. I’ve also not used them before but read very good things.

Ive previously used Bends & Curves for organised European road trips.

• Like 1

Mike seems like a top bloke tbh. We've done many previous trips with European driving tours, but wanted to give Mike a go as he's been very approachable and active in trying to accommodate us and our friends on a tour.

I'll keep an eye out for the pictures on Mike's Facebook page.

• Like 1

No issue with that itinerary in the days allotted, it's very similar to the Absolute Lotus Highland Tour. One thing to remember is that in the wilder areas there isn't always a convenient petrol station, so when you do get the chance to top up, make sure you top-up. Nothing like range anxiety to spoil a leg of the trip.

Stunning roads, you'll have a ball. Several of those I do on a regular basis just for fun as they are really on my door step. Skye is an absolute blast.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Maybe take a spare tank and good walking shoes.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Glad you enjoyed the trip. We are booked for a 2026 with Mike, so have a while to wait.

We are booked with another company for a Spain trip in 2025 and if the roads are as good as our last trip to Spain, then it should be great.

• Gold FFM

It did go to Italy and did Stelvio and a few other Passes a couple of years back. 

• Like 1