Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Buying advice please .... - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Buying advice please ....

76SCG

Just looking to purchase my first Emira (coming from a Maserati GT).

Ideal spec:

• Emira V6 First Edition
  • Magma Red
  • Ice Grey Nappa
  • Touring Chassis

But advice ...

I am getting conflicting information about whether to go for:

- Purist choice of V6 & Manual

- My preferred (I think) V6 Auto

or the i4 ?

• Gold FFM

My "use case" is as a GT/Touring/Holiday/Occasional back road blast car - given your current Maserati GT I would imagine that yours is similar.

I drove V6 Auto and i4 DCT back to back and much preferred the V6 auto, however I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell you that the only variant to buy is the V6 Manual......

IMHO Touring chassis and Goodyear tyres is definitely the right choice for UK/Continental roads and no (or very occasional) track use...

If you can compromise on exterior colour there's a really good price saving here and no 1000 mile run in - I saw this car "in person" just last night when on Strattons monthly car run.... Also has the Milltek manual override exhaust valve fitted and 3rd CAT delete...

https://www.strattonmotorcompany.com/shop/lotus/2023-lotus-emira-3-5l-v6-ip

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

Personally I would be looking to take a test drive in all three versions and then making the decision.

At the end of the day it's going to be YOUR car and has to make YOU happy, not someone else.

Just my 2p worth. 🙂

Thanks .... JimH ... yes I still think V6 Auto is my favourite ... albeit did try and i4 today and was actually quite impressed ... would definitely consider ...

I am convinced it needs to touring chassis though ...

The Stratton is perfect spec if I wasn't so hellbent on getting the Magma .... maybe I should look and have it wrapped !

• Like 1

When we were both working we drove through Derby & Nottingham centres, now on our second Evora IPS (all previous Lotus were manuals) certainly not a purist but definitely a massive fan of the auto box, especially in sport and on the paddles, yes car is quicker in full auto mode; but you don’t feel like LH on your favourite country road or circuit.

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430