Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Supercharger kit : of any use ? - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Supercharger kit : of any use ?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice idea ... but not very efficient.

These electric axial boosters will not even give 0.1 bar ....

Of course there will be a benefit ... a very small one :wallbash:

Cheers

Marcus

Found THIS

Is this of any use ? Maybe for N/A cars, or as well for i.e. SE/S4 etc ... ?

Marcus

• Gold FFM

they can flow air - but have problem actually building pressure - since they have no method to compress. In actual tests in a car - it is often found that the normal intake airflow often out strips the fan velocity and the fan actually restricts air flow.

If they could actually build pressure - there would be all kinds of issues with people randomly putting these on cars - as most cars are not designed to see pressure in the intake (only vacuum).

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

You're having a laugh aint ya !?

That's just an electric ducted fan stuck onto the end of a filter - blimey 2 years of development ? How long does it take them to plan a cup of tea, 6 months ?

As stated they cannot compress air to any significant level due to the shape of the impeller - they are a ducted air screw, NOT a compressor - any pressure build up will just try and flow against the impeller, stalling it. They use these things on model aircraft.

Is 25,000 rpm supposed to impress ?

Considering turbos hit upto 80,000 - 100,000 rpm under full load - I agree with what Quikr says you're basically putting a large obstruction into the air intake.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

And there was me thinking that the act of compressing air would produce heat. Just shows how wrong you can be - evidently it actually cools it :wallbash:

Not entirely convinced by the claim that the fan 'fractures air molecules' either...

Neither was this guy...........Jacob (Jacques) Bernoulli, evidently he knew sod all............ :realmad:

Simplest things first.

I have a link to a web site somewhere that did a test on these electric superchargers. Erm lets say they were less than complementary.

Was it this one? Same concept but another type.

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_0237/articl...?popularArticle

Edited by DanR

DanR

Thanx all for the explanation, since I'm a tech nut :thumbsup:

In fact, I was just curious, now at least I know what it does, and mostly what not. Some real performance gain is already on its way from PUK :thumbup:

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

Not entirely convinced by the claim that the fan 'fractures air molecules' either...

A fruitless pursuit...

I spent a whole saturday afternoon with a craft knife, trying

to fracture molecules of air. Eventually i managed to split one

(the garage floor was littered with damaged bits of air at this

point). Anyhow, my initial joy at finding half the molecule was

made of white chocolate, and half of milk chocolate was very

short lived. There was no toy inside.

:thumbsup: