Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
'End of Summer' run Club Lotus/Pistonheads - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

'End of Summer' run Club Lotus/Pistonheads

OwenGT3

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone else was attending the 'End of Summer' run organised by Mike Gould with Club Lotus and Pistonheads. From what I've heard there are some 34 cars so far, Ferrari's, Porsche's, Noble's, Lotus's and anything else special. It's being held next Sunday 7th October.

I'm going along with the wife, hopefully the weather will be as good as the Lotus open day and it should be a brilliant car photo opportunity.

Below is the information copied from Club Lotus site. I think Mike needs to know numbers attending to warn the pub for food. PM me if you need his email.

Kimbers, how about making this your first hoon if you have your Esprit by next Sunday? :) What about some of the other AEG guys: Andy C, Simonf, Nifty, Tentenths and SteveL? :no

C'mon, I don't want to be the only Esprit there and bullied by Ferrari's and Porsche's :crybaby:

Owen

FROM CL SITE.

Meet: 11:00am Fakenham - Morrisons car park just off the A148 (norwich side)

1st Run: fakenham - Sheringham on A148 then back to Wells & holkham on coast road - stopping at the victoria for Lunch around 12:30.

2nd Run: Holkham - Hunstanton on coast road, stopping at cliff top car park for photo & good byes.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in!! Wow, first Hoon opportunity. Hows about it James? Fancy a hoon?

[edit-you posted at the same time. Shame.)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I'm signed up Owen.

Nifty, noticed there will be a seven or 2 there.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I'm signed up Owen.

Nifty, noticed there will be a seven or 2 there.

Hi

Excellent, I won't be the only Esprit! :thumbsup: The wife and I are going for the whole day, it should be fun. I've done the coast road before years ago, I had a Rover SDi V8 then and five of us in my car drove from Norwich to Hunstanton, then travelled the whole coast road right round to Lowestoft, stopping in a pub in every town! :thumbup: (no drinks for the drivers though! :crybaby: ). We also videoed the whole thing, it was a laugh! :evil:

I will take my camera mount and video from inside the car the hoon. :thumbup:

Any other takers?

Owen.

I've just been and signed up to it as well.

While I was finding the thread, I searched under Norfolk, seemed sensible, at the time. The forth topic in the results started with "Please explain this to me..."

So I looked at it.

AARRRGGGHHHHH.

Hi,

I've emailed Mike telling him I will be attending. I've joined PH just to add to the thread regarding the run. I couldn't find the sticky link with the planned route. :thumbsup:

Just found the page on PH, so added a message. I notice my mate in his Elise is attending.

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3

Sorry guys i think i am going to have to bow out of this one. I have got a birthday pissup on the friday and i am at woodbridge doing an all day trackday in the BMW on saturday so trying to get the wife to agree to me taking all sunday to go hooning has only two chances - slim and no chance. :thumbsup:

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Thanks for your text Simon .. I shan't be able to honour my "bet" next weekend because I'm playing rugby ( and possibly won't have the 7 up and running yet). I see javelin had a number of days at Woodbridge over the next 2 or 3 months so perhaps next month.

Cadwell open pitlane for

Edited by Nifty

Keep off the straight and narrow

Feck ... got my weekends wrong.

I'll be at Brands Hatch on Sunday, watching my friend win the Radical championship I hope.

Keep off the straight and narrow

Owen, Simon! Anyone wanna hoon from Norwich tomorrow morning? I'll be leaving mine at about 9.45 if you wanna meet me somewhere on the Drayton High Road?

Hi,

A few of us attended the 'End of Summer Run' for Norfolk organised by Mike Gould and Pistonheads. There were some lovely cars there today and the weather was on our side, also Holkham Hall was a very nice place for the lunchtime stop. We all arrived at Hunstanton about 3ish and all the cars lined up making an impressive site.

Some of the journey was a bit slow (no jokes Nifty, Simon it wasn't me!) as several of us got stuck behind a Ford Focus that didn't manage to venture above 35mph even in the national speed limit sections, and with few overtaking spots it did become frustrating. Eventually the slow coach decided to pull over and let us all pass, only to confront another snail in a Rover 214, luckily we were nearly at Hunstanton then. :D

Here are some pics of the day. :D

EndofSummerRun-Norfolk_05.jpg

EndofSummerRun-Norfolk_06.jpg

EndofSummerRun-Norfolk_02.jpg

EndofSummerRun-Norfolk_01.jpg

EndofSummerRun-Norfolk_01.jpg

Kimbers wheels!

EndofSummerRun-Norfolk_07.jpg

EndofSummerRun-Norfolk_04.jpg

EndofSummerRun-Norfolk_03.jpg

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Nice pics Owen, will post mine as soon as I get home! Wow that Red car is amazing! Who's is it!! :thumbup:

Hi All, sorry for the delay.

Look at what you missed! Myself, Owen and Brendan all attended and I hope we can give a better show next time with more Esprits!

What a superb day and apart from the trip from Sheringham to our first stop, where we were stuck behind Captain Slow (not actually his fault) and the original old granny driver (25mph for 20 mins) it was great! I must admit that my daughter said my screaming "GO GO GO" to Owen everytime there was a 2 ft straight, got a little tiring after a while!

Then even she got bored and shouted abuse whilst we passed the poor old thing, whilst my horn suddenly went of on it's own! :welcome:

Meeting at Norwich early doors! Thats an Atom with a type r engine in it. they guy had Supercharged it to nearly 300bhp. Love the kid getting ready for lift off!

IMGP3396.jpg

The drive from Norwich to Fakenham was interesting with 2 TVR's, a Vette, Supra and GTO in front...oh and a Celica but they chickened out half way and let us all through!

IMGP3397.jpg

this is them at the other end

IMGP3399.jpg

Nice....got stuck getting off the ploughed field though! (see later piccy)

IMGP3400.jpg

Brendan, the Atom and the Atom drivers Mrs

IMGP3401.jpg

There was some money there!

IMGP3402.jpg

Even the yanks were represented (he's showing what he thought!)

IMGP3404.jpg

Hmmmmm Lotus sandwich! (mine by the way) Owen and I hooned half way and the Elise tagged on from then on!

IMGP3405.jpg

They weren't all performance cars!

IMGP3406.jpg

Action shot.....Owen is that oil on my windscreen GT3 (his propshaft seals leaking badly)

IMGP3407.jpg

Said ploughed field...YIPE!

IMGP3409.jpg

Brendan Tagged on after we had lunch....Phrase of the day from Brendan (Bloody hell Kimbers your motor doesn't half shift!)

IMGP3411.jpg

Lovely!

IMGP3415.jpg

Hooning back, just us 2! Wow, cracking drive!

IMGP3425.jpg

High concentration at speed (well within the limit of course)

IMGP3421.jpg

Yep check it out all!!

[edit- missed your clicky]

• Gold FFM

Nice pics Tony.

Love that Atom - Messy pants fast!!! Easily the fastest thing I've been round a track in - unfortunately as a passenger only though.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Hi,

I have more pics, I will post them tomorrow. Ha, Ha! about the oil Tony, I cleaned most of it off Saturday morning! but yes they do need fixing. I liked that side shot of my car over on PH :welcome: I must get a glass sun roof to swap out sometimes with my solid one, you have so much light in your car Tony. Also liked the one you took of my cars arse, god I love those fat wheels! Lopez spec rear end! :evil::welcome:

Owen.

Well spotted James - I'm famous!!! Twas a great day out and Kimbers S4 really does shift. Must be the Morrisons unleaded he filled up with. Either that or the rev counter needle is now jammed at max!

Brendan

IMGP3421.jpg

Now's that's a view we thought we'd never see - Kimbers in his own Esprit <_<

Sounds like you had a cracking first hoon, mate. The bad news is that it just keeps on happening, again and again and again and... :thumbsup: unless of course you spend all your time here on LEF, that is!

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

Hello all,

Thanks for your support, it was a great turn out.

Some cracking pics too.

My next plan is for a xmas run, the plan will be to make the most of one of those sleepy days between xmas & new year........ SO................

Meet up at Thetford - prob 29th Dec

Iceni Brewery - Thetford - Shop, Hop garden, brewery, Cafe. - BEER

Tas Valley Vine Yard - Attlebough - Shop, Tour - WINE

Norfolk Cider - Wroxham - Wroxham barns - Lots to do - CIDER

I could book us in and sort out a nice mixed route from one to the other?

It will be a chance to stock up for your new year drinking!?? :)

Mike

You obviously don't know this lot! If they stocked up on their new year drinking the rest of pistonheads wouldn't get anything!

Might need the Mrs to come with me in case of overimbibement (new word and I invented it!) :)

Mike

You obviously don't know this lot! If they stocked up on their new year drinking the rest of pistonheads wouldn't get anything!

Might need the Mrs to come with me in case of overimbibement (new word and I invented it!) :)

Well it will be first come first served then (all within the law you understand) :)

I'll post the details up in december.

Its our CL meet tonight if anyone fancys a run out to sculthorpe again.

see you soon