Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AEG Meet 13th November - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AEG Meet 13th November

simonf

After yet another successful AEG meeting its time to discuss the basis for our next meeting. Now Newmarkets has already been suggested for which i for one am happy with, but as ever we are open to persuasion. Could we start discussing venue, numbers etc. here please.

Also motioned (by me) was the weather and whether (i think i have got those the right way round) the cars would be coming aswell. Now I am happy to bring the car if its mild, but not preparred to bring it if there is salt on the road, frost, water etc, however i really don't mind bringing the Audi if that doesn't break with the spirit of things (i suppose if Nifty can come in a Land-Rover i can go in a Audi - just have to put Eprit Fact File sticker on the spare-wheel!) Anybody else have an opinion on this (left myself wide open to abuse here i know) please feel free to comment!

I look forward to reading your comments.

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After yet another successful AEG meeting its time to discuss the basis for our next meeting. Now Newmarkets has already been suggested for which i for one am happy with, but as ever we are open to persuasion. Could we start discussing venue, numbers etc. here please.

Also motioned (by me) was the weather and whether (i think i have got those the right way round) the cars would be coming aswell. Now I am happy to bring the car if its mild, but not preparred to bring it if there is salt on the road, frost, water etc, however i really don't mind bringing the Audi if that doesn't break with the spirit of things (i suppose if Nifty can come in a Land-Rover i can go in a Audi - just have to put Eprit Fact File sticker on the spare-wheel!) Anybody else have an opinion on this (left myself wide open to abuse here i know) please feel free to comment!

I look forward to reading your comments.

Tell me to mind my own if you think it appropriate but a suggestion for meeting place :getmecoat:

Gerald's sister pub - 5 Miles From Nowhere Inn, Upware nr Newmarket.

:censored:

Edited by Dave Eds

Dave.

Erm, Guys......Day after Stoneleigh meet?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Depends on if you're making a weekend of it like I am! :getmecoat:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Simon,

Me and James were just talking about this and are intending to stay at the hotel next to the porridge pot. Lovely Hoon down, which you are more than welcome to join! Few beers (who am I kidding!) and early to bed......(Yeah Right!)

My guess is Buddsy will be at Stoneleigh, or at least need to be there.

Shopping list of bits needed etc.

I plan to be there, but note certain, I suppose the certainty will only be once I roll through the entrance to Stoneleigh Park.

Re November meet, maybe 1-2 days after the parts fair isn't a good idea, especially if most of us will be at Stoneleigh.

It might be best to wait acouple of weeks, see what the weather brings, see who's planning to go to Stoneleigh etc.

Andy

How about the following week ?

Don't worry about the Audi Simon, I was thinking about getting my push bike out again .. and giving the others a head start :getmecoat:

I shan't be at Stoneleigh due to rugby and firework commitments.

Keep off the straight and narrow

Many thanks James.

Not sure that there is anything that I specifically need, rather I need to get the bits I have functioning.

I almost bought a Lotus Sunbeam yesterday but dipped out at the last minute (was outbid actually).

When considering my finances for that project I came to the conclusion that I was a bit of an idiot to retax my cars for this month .. think I might just take them both off the road and start sorting out the "issues" in good time for next spring.

Can still do trackdays, just need to trailer the 7 there.

Nifty, if you want us to look out for any bits for you just let me know.

Form the noises Nifty was making in my car i would say if you see a turbo charger - he may be interested in it!!!

Nifty you fool you should have got that Sunbeam - we all know they are mental :crazy:

I am off to Woodbridge tomorrow if you want to make good on that bet :getmecoat::censored:

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Many thanks James.

Not sure that there is anything that I specifically need, rather I need to get the bits I have functioning.

I almost bought a Lotus Sunbeam yesterday but dipped out at the last minute (was outbid actually).

When considering my finances for that project I came to the conclusion that I was a bit of an idiot to retax my cars for this month .. think I might just take them both off the road and start sorting out the "issues" in good time for next spring.

Can still do trackdays, just need to trailer the 7 there.

I wass outbid on an Excel yesterday too. Thank goodness for that as I have too many cars, but when it was at a silly low price I couldn't resist a punt.

Andy

I am off to Woodbridge tomorrow if you want to make good on that bet :):D

Since you struggle to keep up with a utilitarian 4x4 no point wasting valuable fuel in the 7 :(

I have serious intentions of having a look at that car since it's just up the road ... but in all honesty I don't have that sort of money available without selling the current Esprit first.

Had I managed to get the Sunbeam I could have afforded to do the work the Esprit needs to a level to sell it satsifactorily or I could have just put the Sunbeam into a barn until I could afford to do it up as well, without selling the Esprit.

I am hatching a plan for classic car club with some friends from the L7C, which would allow us to own/play with all these cars .. so nothing needs to be sold to fund something else :D

If any AEG members would seriously contemplate such an idea let me know at the next meeting.

Since you struggle to keep up with a utilitarian 4x4 no point wasting valuable fuel in the 7 :thumbup:

I refute that Nifty, i was having no trouble keeping up with your Landy - don't tar me with the same brush as the other two!

Anyway your mate Colin took exception to my driving style and got just a little bit arsey! We were in my mates M535 (the shed as we like to call it coz its ugly and rotten) and we were very sideways indeed! However as i explained to him hjust after he had black flagged me for DRIVING BEYOND MY ABILITY!

Neither me or my mate had put as much as one wheel on the grass nor had we hit even one cone - furthermore we had been on that circuit many many times before and driven exactly the same way and guess what we didn't go on the grass then either so i would say i was DRIVING WELL WITHIN BOTH MY ABILITY AND THE CAPABILITIES OF THE CAR! Anyway he didn't Chuck us off but i think he was close!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Simon,

I refute that Nifty, i was having no trouble keeping up with your Landy - don't tar me with the same brush as the other two!
Hmm, I seem to remember having to wait for you to catch me up at the T-junction as we came into Garboldisham .. lost you somewhere in the bends didn't I ;)

On a serious note ...

I was of the opinion that drifting in the corners on any trackday was seen as inappropriate driving.

I was surprised when you told me you did it regularly.

Personally I wouldn't want to be on a trackday where that was permitted/overlooked.

To me, drifitng isn't track driving.

I'm sure you enjoy yourself, as would I, and that you are in control. The trouble is if you are allowed to do it then the next person will try as well and they may not be able to handle the car and the result is that they cause an accident that could result in someone elses car getting smashed etc.

On a serious note ...

I was of the opinion that drifting in the corners on any trackday was seen as inappropriate driving.

That's always been my understanding too, although some circuits seem to enforce it more rigorously than others.

Hi,

Anyone thinking of going to the Club Lotus meet at Sculthorpe this Thursday evening? (11th Oct 7.30pm). It's a nice run out, about 30-45 minutes drive and it's a nice pub, good food.

Simon, Andy, Kimbers, Buddsy anyone? Let me know, I'm thinking about it.

Owen

Thursday's pool night mate. Sorry.

That's always been my understanding too, although some circuits seem to enforce it more rigorously than others.

I was under the impression that you could do whatever you arn't allowed to do on the roads! not once at any of the track days has anybody mentioned not drifting in there pre track day breifing :welcome: Colin just didn't like the look of the car :welcome: We didn't do it anywhere near anybody else - if someone was quicker, we always pulled over and let them past (as not to ruin there track day-a courtessey not always recipricated might i add!)

Anyway back to the point - what are we going to do about the next AEG meeting? Do it on the 2nd Tuesday of November (13th) what are your thoughts

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Owen, re Club Lotus, I Can't as I'm in Essex that night.

Re November, hoefully the TE will be back on the road, so when ever, where ever is fine, but better to avoid the first week due to Stoneleigh, so 2nd Tuesday.

Andy