Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AEG Meet 13th November - Page 2 - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AEG Meet 13th November

simonf

Kimbers ditto.....

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somewhere thereabouts.

The 'Five Miles From Anywhere' in Upware suggested by Dave is a definite possibility. Club Lotus (Cambridge) and Gerald Turner (GST Perfomance) held a joint meet there in the summer and very good it was too. Upware is a few miles north of Newmarket on the edge of The Fens. Nice open roads and very little traffic. Pub's right on the edge of the river (not that we'll be able to see it!) and the beer/food was good.

I've got a couple of other possibilities but left the details at work. Will post 'em up early part of next week.

Count me in too please :unsure:

Keep off the straight and narrow

Could we see a show of hands for those wishing to attend AEG meeting on the 13th November please

Simonf - food required

Kimbers - ditto

Andy - ditto

James - ditto

Owen - ditto

Nifty - ditto

Anyone else please feel free to add yourself to the list

So thats six of us B) James would steveL be attending? can we start seriously considering venues please. James you mentioned the Nowhere Inn or was the Someplace Inn? Well whereever it is can you investigate its worthyness - i know how you like to do the recon work :innocent:

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Hi,

I'm no longer a Esprit wet drive virgin! :whistle: Had my first (yes! First considering the amount of rain this year!) serious run in the Esprit home from work yesterday, on the Norwich southern by-pass when it was seriously chucking it down with rain. Lights up and on and I loved watching the spray from the rear arches and rear of the car, looked like a jet plane! :) Had to watch powering out of the corners, (no jokes please!) I had been warned by the previous owner how the back end with such wide wheels has a habit of overtaking the front end! I think the only annoying bit of the drive was the wiper arm is noisey, could do with being a bit quieter, otherwise enjoyed the wet drive experience.

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3

I take yours didn't leak then? Just one of the advantages of a stevens over a Guigiaro! But now you will have to wash it again! I have found some great stuff - its available form APEC on Whiffler Road is from a manufacturer called T EURO it comes in a 5L container and its called Clean and Shine for about

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

I'm sticking with the lived in look. None if this fancy cleaning of the car for me.

But then agian, the red one looks "lived in", by a family of small fury creatures, it's so far undr pi;es of stuff at the moment.

I'm sticking with the lived in look. None if this fancy cleaning of the car for me.

But then agian, the red one looks "lived in", by a family of small fury creatures, it's so far undr pi;es of stuff at the moment.

Yer Buddsy showed me the picture of how your store the red S3 and it didn't look likr the picture on your avitar :thumbsup:

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

I'm in - :thumbsup:

Simonf - food required

Kimbers - ditto

Andy - ditto

James - ditto

Owen - ditto

Nifty - ditto

Steve - ditto

Hey STEVE L welcome aboard buddy! :o But we really do need to give the venue some consideration - we also need to see of the boys from the Essex meet would like to join us.

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

How about The Red Lion at Granchester?

Plenty of parking, decent pub food (last time I ate there).

The Cambridge area of the L7C use it as their meeting place.

It is a little further but is readily accessed with a good blat down the A143 from Bury to Haverhill (a cracking road if you like to get out of second gear)and then in towards Cambridge at Linton. If you prefer the main roads (Owen ?) then you can whizz down the A11 and turn onto the Linton - Cambridge road at the Fourwentways junction.

Edited by Nifty

How about The Red Lion at Granchester?

Plenty of parking, decent pub food (last time I ate there).

The Cambridge area of the L7C use it as their meeting place.

It is a little further but is readily accessed with a good blat down the A143 from Bury to Haverhill (a cracking road if you like to get out of second gear)and then in towards Cambridge at Linton. If you prefer the main roads (Owen ?) then you can whizz down the A11 and turn onto the Linton - Cambridge road at the Fourwentways junction.

Don't forget it wasn't just one of us hanging back the other day.

If my car was mobile (and I'm not sure it will be mobile by the next meet), I'd give your spine a jarring car of my seats, then you'd know why main roads aren't a bad idea. I may end up in the Peugeot if the gearbox part doesn't turn up ahead of ETA (2nd gear brass ring).

Andy

Simon and all,

It looks like I may be able to make this one!. On leave from the 12th to the 18th Nov and don't fly out to Iraq until the 23rd Nov now so fingers crossed I should be able to make it.

Was gutted I missed your party Kimbers as it looked an excellent do from the photos.

Will let you know nearer the time and will keep an eye on this entry.

Regards

Chats

Adam

1999 Lotus Esprit GT3

1985 Reliant Scimitar SS1 1600 though will be an 1800Ti upon completion (Currently in bits all over the garage and has been since 2004)

Don't forget it wasn't just one of us hanging back the other day.

If my car was mobile (and I'm not sure it will be mobile by the next meet), I'd give your spine a jarring car of my seats, then you'd know why main roads aren't a bad idea. I may end up in the Peugeot if the gearbox part doesn't turn up ahead of ETA (2nd gear brass ring).

Andy

I have a spare seat, so Andy, as I work in Bowthorpe and you're at Bawburgh I can easily pick you up. It will be smooth roads for me, thats what the GT stands for! :veryangry:

Brendan if you're reading, Will you be attending this meet?

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3

Andy,

You could still pop in and see us because wherever we decide it is going to be a gnats whisker off the A14/A11 and thus your route home.

I hadn't forgotten there were two of you trailing last time out, just referring to Owen's little remark earlier.

If your seat jars you then your suspension is incorrect surely .. the whole point of the Esprit is to enjoy the B roads and the standard suspension is more than adequate for that. Light springs, heavy damping.

What sort of an excuse is that anyway, my Landrover is far harder sprung than your Esprit with a great deal more roll, etc (though it doesn't roll that much for a Landy, but then if you saw the thickness of the ARBs you wouldn't be too surprised to read that !).

Simon and all,

It looks like I may be able to make this one!. On leave from the 12th to the 18th Nov and don't fly out to Iraq until the 23rd Nov now so fingers crossed I should be able to make it.

Was gutted I missed your party Kimbers as it looked an excellent do from the photos.

Will let you know nearer the time and will keep an eye on this entry.

Regards

Chats

HEY ADAM!

How the devil are you? It would be great if you could make it!

Andy

You could always cut accross and meet us there! I am pretty sure at some point you could hit the A14!

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Andy,

You could still pop in and see us because wherever we decide it is going to be a gnats whisker off the A14/A11 and thus your route home.

I hadn't forgotten there were two of you trailing last time out, just referring to Owen's little remark earlier.

If your seat jars you then your suspension is incorrect surely .. the whole point of the Esprit is to enjoy the B roads and the standard suspension is more than adequate for that. Light springs, heavy damping.

What sort of an excuse is that anyway, my Landrover is far harder sprung than your Esprit with a great deal more roll, etc (though it doesn't roll that much for a Landy, but then if you saw the thickness of the ARBs you wouldn't be too surprised to read that !).

I'm going to play with the suspension settings once it's back on the road, I went with half maximum damping, it seems way too stiff for comfort, so I'm going to try 1/4. It's protech shocks, poly bushes and a fibreglass seat bolted straight to the body tub, so image how much of feel of the road" gets to my spine. Roll doesn't really happen, in fact I think a bit more would be fine.

I had realised the journey back should be somewhere near the detination, so you'll just have to excuse the attire when I turn up.

Andy

Reckon I'll be up for this crack if pub not as far as the one in "nowhere". Went there last month. Must be another decent watering hole a bit closer for us Essex boys to get to? :veryangry:

All of our meetings to date (well, okay, both) have been held at venues within 60 - 75 mins drive of a majority of attendees since, realistically, that's about the max for evening meets (particularly on school nights).

We're considering readily accessible pubs in the Cambridge/Newmarket triangle this time, so should still fall within the above range for you too. I'm over that way during the weekend and have one or two other places that I'm gonna recce. So watch this space.

Now, Chris, for the big question. Are you definitely coming along or only if we can provide a cast iron guarantee that it won't rain? :thumbsup:

Oh, and it's my birthday that day so you make sure you bring your wallet!