Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AEG Meet 13th November - Page 4 - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AEG Meet 13th November

simonf

The Mighty AEG have acrued 5003 views :( of our various subjects and a massive 417 replies :) (make that 418!) and although most of those replies were complete BOLL@CKS

And the chances are that if wasn't complete boll*cks it was moaning & groaning, debating arguing, good-natured banter p*ss taking, or just wandering completely and utterly off topic :laughing:

Onwards and upwards chaps :getmecoat:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who has ever watched a television show of or attended a political debate?

Do peole watch to see all parties patting each other on the back and congratulating them on agreeing with each other, NO.

People want to see debate, and we aim to please.

Anyway, norfalk freak show will be resumed shortly.

Andy

Simon, Owen...guys, if you're bored tomorrow you could come and help me and Troy fix my Brakes and service my car! Bacon sarnies are an option!

Hi,

If I wasn't so busy myself then I would come and point at things and tell you if you're doing it right! :getmecoat: I only get hands dirty on my own car, but I'm a good teacher, qualified as well, straight up! :( You can tell I'm a pro, snap-on tools being used!

Here's one I prepared earlier!

dscf90651wq2.jpg

dscf90601mu3.jpg

dscf90551bk5.jpg

dscf90581zx5.jpg

dscf90661eh2.jpg

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Peugeot still gotta be better than a diesel Landrover!
Oh, you have so much to learn Simon !!

How long did I have to sit at the T-junction in Garboldisham waiting for you to catch me up ?

Keep off the straight and narrow

Someone mention beer?!

When's the festival on, Andy?

Unfortunately this week (half gone), I only remembered because I noticed one of the sign posts directing peole to the venue.

Then there was an article in the local paper stating one of the breweries is giving free pork pies to people queuing.

http://www.norwichcamra.org.uk/festival/fest2007.htm

Sorry no can do as i am fixing mine tonight!

I would be interested in your findings though because my brakes swerve violently if i stamp on them, i find squeezing the brakes makes for straight trouble free braking though!

I had that same problem last year, turned out to be a knackered steering rack..

Same here, the wobbling form side to side went one the rack was replaced.

Unfortunately it was replaced with violent vibration.

Andy

REALLY!?

Bloody hell hadn't even considered that - There doesn't seem to be excessive play but now you mention t it does understeer very badly at low very low speed (i know they all do but mine beggers belief) and snatch slightly has medium speed if you turn the steering wheel too far (at a roundabout or the like!) so that could make sense.

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

REALLY!?

Bloody hell hadn't even considered that - There doesn't seem to be excessive play but now you mention t it does understeer very badly at low very low speed (i know they all do but mine beggers belief) and snatch slightly has medium speed if you turn the steering wheel too far (at a roundabout or the like!) so that could make sense.

Yes mate, it makes sense.

Yes mate, it makes sense.

Chris

I have posted about this in Giugiaro technical room on an excisting post about steering racks, but you might know - ant test to check that steering rack is defo the cause?

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Details will be posted this evening...

Erm, I meant this evening, obviously ;):2guns:

Went and looked at 3 or 4 possible venues last Sunday. Two were dismissed more or less straight away. One due to lack of parking (Wheatsheaf at Exning) and the other because it was just a bit too remote for this time of year (Dyke's End at Reach).

That left two serious contenders - The Red Lion at Grantchester (thanks Nifty) and the Ancient Shepherds at Fen Ditton.

RL was very nice. Although most reviews are positive one or two more recent comments suggest that it may be starting to go off the boil. It also involves an 112 hr drive for the Norwich contingent.

That leaves us with the Ancient Shepherds at Fen Ditton. Lovely pub set in a very pleasant village on the north eastern edge of Cambridge. Very favourable write-ups in the various pub guides, food looks excellent and there's plenty of room for our cars either in the car park behind the pub or immediately in front on a very quiet, wide No Through Road.

Fen Ditton is just 2 or 3 mins from the A14. As such it's within 70 mins or so's drive of Norwich (and Manningtree). Chris (esprit22) fares even better as it's within an hour of Brentwood - so no excuses matey :devil:

Chatted it through with Brendan (BC007), our man-on-the-spot, this afternoon and he was of the opinion that the Ancient Shepherds would be an ideal venue.

They'd love to have us there and can definitely accommodate us on the 13th Nov. So I've provisionally booked a table for 8 of us (but this can be increased) for 19:30.

Ancient Shepherds

High Street

Fen Ditton

CAMBRIDGE

CB5 8ST

Map

Chris

I have posted about this in Giugiaro technical room on an excisting post about steering racks, but you might know - ant test to check that steering rack is defo the cause?

No mate, most odd on mine, thought it was brake related. After renewing brakes/calipers/hoses/bushes fluid, it was the only thing left!

Had it done at the factory last year. Rack for mine cost

RL was very nice. Although most reviews are positive one or two more recent comments suggest that it may be starting to go off the boil. It also involves an 112 hr drive for the Norwich contingent (including 10/15 mins battling through Cambridge roundabouts and traffic lights).

James, I'm perfectly happy to go with the Ancient Shepherds, but I can tell you from years of experience that the route to the Red Lion from the A11 at Fourwentways is a piece of cake and certainly doesn't involve 10/15 mins of battling with traffic.

James, I'm perfectly happy to go with the Ancient Shepherds

Good man :2guns:

... but I can tell you from years of experience that the route to the Red Lion from the A11 at Fourwentways is a piece of cake and certainly doesn't involve 10/15 mins of battling with traffic.

Fair enough. If you want to take it up with the AA routeplanner people please be my guest :devil: But, as you'll see from the AA's estimated journey time, I'd already knocked 10 mins off anyway.

I really don't care as long as I can hoon and........drive safely behind Owen :2guns:

hehe, sorry Owen, just messing!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I really don't care as long as I can hoon and........drive safely behind Owen :devil:

hehe, sorry Owen, just messing!

You wicked man !!!

;):2guns:

Fair enough. If you want to take it up with the AA routeplanner people please be my guest But, as you'll see from the AA's estimated journey time, I'd already knocked 10 mins off anyway.
That's because they take you through the middle of Cambridge, rather than skirt round the eastern side and bringing you in via Addenbrookes :wub:

WARNING

For those that don't know the A14 there is a Gatso immediately before the junction you turn off for Fen Ditton (coming from Norwich).

It isn't the easiest to see from a distance.

Edited by Nifty

I am happy with the Ancient Sheppard! I think an hour and a half is a little too far personally but 70 mins is perfect! i know its only 20 but rather still to an hours travelling time (or as near as dammit!) if i can.

Looking forward to it already!

Simon

PS James, your estimated times are they taken as Nifties speed or Owens? or somewhere in between?

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Hi,

Gt.Yarmouth as a place doubled in value today, I visited it in the Esprit! :cool: T and I had a ride out down to the Harbours mouth, had an ice cream :P sat for a while then headed home. Some of those seagulls are big bastards, wouldn't want to mess with one!

I noticed on the Acle straight as you hit the corner just past the old Stacy Arms (if you're old enough to remember it as that!) that there is a very small camera on a post looking at the junction on the opposite side of the road. Now this camera doesn't look like a speed camera, but it is sign posted as speed cameras on that stretch and it is 40 through the corner, but I don't think it was a speed camera. :D I think it's to watch and record accidents on the b road opposite, must be a black spot. Anyone else have a suggestion for it? It was no bigger than a surveillance camera, very small, but it looked all official if you know what I mean.

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3