Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
NO! That can't be right - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

NO! That can't be right

Earlier today, whilst walking to the office having just parked the car i walked past an orange Fiat Punto (new shape) and thought to myself "that looks quite smart" on closer inspection i saw between the door and the rear wheel arch was a small metal plaque. I thought that looks familier! On the plaque was DESIGN BY GUIGUARO!!!! now the Esprit plaque said STYLED BY GUIGUARO so it must be true. Surely the great man wouldn't put his name to a FIAT PUNTO that would be like ENZO putting his name to a FIESTA!!!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a white van in town (think it was a Merc) with the same badge recently! Nice to see he can turn his hand to many a class of vehicle but I think the Punto might be overstepping the mark!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I saw a white van in town (think it was a Merc) with the same badge recently! Nice to see he can turn his hand to many a class of vehicle but I think the Punto might be overstepping the mark!

Probably been living off the Esprit for the last twenty years and needs the money ehh :D

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Surely the great man wouldn't put his name to a FIAT PUNTO that would be like ENZO putting his name to a FIESTA!!!

He designed the original Fiat Panda and VW Golf too. He's designed more stuff than you can image. The greatest car designer of all time.

Here's a list of his car designs: Clicky

He designed the original Fiat Panda and VW Golf too. He's designed more stuff than you can image. The greatest car designer of all time.

Here's a list of his car designs: Clicky

You are right - i had no idea he had designed so much! But if i thought he was scrapeing the barrell at the Fiat Punto he must have had a complete psycosis when he designed the DAEWOO MATIZ!!!!!

That is, in my opinion the UGLIEST car on the roads today! :D Well maybe with the exception of the Skoda Roomstar :)

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

My shopping car's a Fiat Panda...total Giugiaro man, me!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Now there are two Giugiaro Company in my town.

The historic Italdesign (Esprit :D ) and the new Giugiaro Design that is working in many fields not only in the cars design.( they make train/house/object etc..) I think they need MONEY..

Anyway my friends I will tell you a personal story.

When I was young :crybaby: I had worked for a little agency, they was the best to organize party/celebration and other ceremony so one day they told me.. tomorrow we must go to Giugiaro to organize his 30th celebration of Italdesign.

So, for a week I was turning in his factory with a pass card and one morning behind a door in the workshop I have found a brand new grey Esprit S2 :(

There was some men working on it and a minute later I was in the car in the driver seat happy like a children!!!

That car was not a showroom car only, but the personal Giugiaro Esprit, a Lotus gift!!

Then I had spoken with him about the car and my Lotus passion.

Very kind of person.

Anyway in his study, on the desk (strictly reserved) there were some handmade draws...

he said to my chief (at the time she was my girlfriend too)...

...oh,yes... i'm working on a new Lotus...

I'd like to remember it!

Ciao :)

CAEN0D2F.jpg

Yessa you betcha I doa da smalla shoppinga ladyie carsa assa wella as da superadoopa toute exotica carsa , evenna da besta designna in da worlsa hasta putta da plata spaghetti onnsa table for da wife anna kidsa.!

Talkina abouta da kidsa, wheres dat Fabrizio?, he supposta be hera sharpenin my pencilas! :D

FABRIZIO, FABRIZIO! :)

SUNP0003-1.jpg

hah... never been too enamored with any of the non-exotic designs, especially the whole "tall car" thing...

But the Grande Punto (that we don't get here) does look nice... :D Like a mini maserati. Though I never liked that particular maserati, hmm.

(Giugiaro's English is worse than I remembered :laughing:)

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

I think I did about 30 pounds of weight reduction in my Stevens when I removed the large collection of mouse nests!

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

I don't think Mr. G's standards have slipped at all -- that's about as good looking as an econobox can get, IMHO! :D

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

I actually saw a 1985 Turbo Esprit with Vredestein Sportrac Giugiaro design tyres fitted to it at John Scotti's in Montreal about 5 years ago :D

Unfortunately though, Vredestein discontinued the 235-60-15 version of these tyres so I cant put some on my car. :D

The cruel irony is though, they do make these tyres in sizes that would fit later Stevens Esprits. :X

SUNP0003-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...