Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Boy racer challenges - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Boy racer challenges

OwenGT3

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Something like this happens quite regulary. Most common if there is bmw in my mirrors. :D

Bikers have also problems with front tyre, because so often they drive so that only rear tyre is on tarmac.

Today I was on a nice "leaves-turning" stroll through the country-side. Lots of nice cars out, blue sky, 20 deg cel-, dry roads, just the perfect driving day.

And once calming down from the "normal" Esprit pace even the "flies" are back buzzing my fender...

Yes quite annoying but just can not help it/them!

:D

Edited by esprits4de

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

Its a sure sign your in a testostorone inducing exciting looking car when other drivers challenge you. :D

If no-one bothers its a sure sign your car is a common, boring ,nondescript pile. :D

camry4a.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

Its a sure sign your in a testostorone inducing exciting looking car when other drivers challenge you. :D

If no-one bothers its a sure sign your car is a common, boring ,nondescript pile. :D

Unfortunately even a boring nodescript pile doesn't keep them away.

I'm less edate in my Peugeot (Simonf & Nifty feel free to comment on how I'm so sedate in the Esprit milk floats take the long routes to avoid being stuck behind my Esprit).

The usual thing is to set cruise control, and then find you're overtakingt he same car 5 times in as many miles, they blast past, then slow down for no apparent reason, you eventually either giveup, drop out of cruise, or slowly pass them, then the cycle starts again.

Andy

hello.

have you ever had some nob try to push you to faster in you car, i had a nob today in a mk1 golf gti up my arse end so,i stick my foot down a bit to 130 leptons to get out out of any danger from said tosser (private road of course) he dissappears in rear view mirror , i slow down he eventually catches up a bout foot of my bumper i put foot down as sharp bend comming up so he wont do a stupid overtaking manouver and hit a car head on, then he pulls over very quickly, i think it blew a gasket. i love my s4 :( but hate the nobs it attracts :D . it must be a tosser magnet :D

all the best

put a decat pipe on, add a Larini sports exhaust and have some flames shot, I'm sure he'll keep his distance :X

I do have that as well quite often, mostly 'Johnny cars' (Astra, BMW,VW, ...)

Think they just want to see how fast it is.

I don't play the game,, I'll let them pass or stay behind me, I enjoy more people with other exotics having a look, let them pass by, I pass by to have a look etc ... matter of appreciation.

Edited by bzguy

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

Never take the bait.

There's nothing better looking than you in your Lotus not 'allowing' yourself to be egged on by a tosser. You have a LOTUS, you don't need to proove anything, and it shows. B)

I had noticed the same issue oogie. Ever since I've had my car people want to race me. Unfortunately, since my car is new and exciting to me I have risen to the bait a couple of times, mainly just letting them go past and then zipping past them (always in the speed limit of course) further on just to say "Up Yours". But I am already bored with that and now just sit at a steady speed.

I actually had one nob who kept shooting past me and then slowing down to well below the limit and then shooting past again. He pulled alongside rocking back and forwards in his seat as if to say hurry up! I politely mouthed "F88k off" and he obliged. He was in an old BMW. Tosser.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Depends on the situation really, numptys swerving all over the road and getting too close I just move away and let them through. But on a few occasions I had some really enthusiastic guys giving me the thumbs up and arm action for wheels spinning off the lights etc. So sometimes I have lit the rears up and made a bit engine noise and gave them a friendly wave back, they love it!! Same while cruising, give them the thumbs up on a two laned highway and put the hammer down, they catch up we toy for a bit I pull out and let them through with a thumbs up, its really cool.

350.gifNo.23

Had a lovely one the other evening,so there i was doing a modest 57mph (had just bought a Garmin Nuvi and was testing it to see if i could get lost and inadvertently park on a railway line),anyway this nice Bmw 330 csl thingy went hoofing past me and straight into the arms of a waiting Talevan.....oh for local knowledge,it was a 60 limit and he was doing a tadge more according to my Nuvi (did i mention i bought a Nuvi sat nav).One thing worth pointing out is that my Garmin records your last top speed so note to self remember to delete said info after trackdays.

Nick S4s

Simplest things first.

put a decat pipe on, add a Larini sports exhaust and have some flames shot, I'm sure he'll keep his distance ;)

I do have that as well quite often, mostly 'Johnny cars' (Astra, BMW,VW, ...)

Think they just want to see how fast it is.

I don't play the game,, I'll let them pass or stay behind me, I enjoy more people with other exotics having a look, let them pass by, I pass by to have a look etc ... matter of appreciation.

I don't know how much flame mine gives, but I've done the same. probaly not too much of a desire for people to get cose to an exhaust they can see spouts flames occasionally.

Andy

hello.

have you ever had some nob try to push you to faster in you car, i had a nob today in a mk1 golf gti up my arse end so,i stick my foot down a bit to 130 leptons to get out out of any danger from said tosser (private road of course) he dissappears in rear view mirror , i slow down he eventually catches up a bout foot of my bumper i put foot down as sharp bend comming up so he wont do a stupid overtaking manouver and hit a car head on, then he pulls over very quickly, i think it blew a gasket. i love my s4 :D but hate the nobs it attracts ;) . it must be a tosser magnet :)

all the best

Hi

Mr. oogieboogie, you might find this thread interesting that I started some time back, similar question asked. ;)

Boy Racer Challenge?

But yes, you will get this, just don't rise to the occassion, they are all idiots, usually kids who can't handle the cars they drive and have no experience.

Owen

I was driving a Bentley Arnage green label the other week and I had some dick at he traffic lights on the A12/M25 junction in an astra van revving his engine. lights turned green put my foot to the floor and boy do those bentleys pick up there skirts and fly. Some times you have to teach respect

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I too drive a VW... but it's unfortunately governed at 213 km/h... as for the tail gaters...... here's a plan -- do what the Ricers are doing -- install a "flame-thrower" exhaust... that'll keep them away!

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

I've found that I get heckled less -- challenges, questions, or otherwise -- when I am wearing sunglasses. They help to put a distance between you and others, others tend to approach less -- perhaps because they can't see your eyes? They are also helpful to me when I am sitting at a traffic light and the nob in the Ford Mustang next to me is revving his engine; it is easier for me to ignore him without looking like I am trying to ignore him.

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE