Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My New Toy - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

My New Toy

Picked up my new toy yesterday to be used as my daily fly-about, an Integra Type R! I'll upload some piccies once I manage to find my phone's data cable again :s

Fun drive back from Chesterfield where I picked it up, although I did notice a creaking/knocking on the front o/s suspension. The car handles very well despite this, but I'm going to have it investigated tomorrow day at the local Honda dealership, and it'll be warranty claim time if there's anything amiss!

Performance-wise, its not that far off my old G-Esprit, and the sheer wail of the engine flying into super-kick-up-the-arse VTEC mode is addictive, screaming all the way up to almost 9000rpm.

Still gonna get an Esprit though...... :thumbsup:

Edited by Tim Shaw

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim we've just imported a Jap spec Type R in white. It's superb (but more expensive than a UK one).

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

superdavelotus >>> no, thats not me unfortunately, although I'm almost 100% certain that the Tim Shaw that owns that particular Esprit is one of the DJ's at Kerrang radio.

Had the suspension checked over, there appears to be nothing wrong with it. Just have to put up with it sounding like someone "at it" on a squeeky bed whilst driving through town (well its not quite that bad, but....)

Still no data cable so no pics as yet :) Spent the day ripping out the old double DIN stereo and replacing it with something a little more normal, which was fine until I realised I'd be left with a gaping hole in the dash! Can get a spare fascia from Honda, but it's an order from Japan jobby (is a carbon-effect item with Integra Type R stamped on it), so god knows how long it would take, and I can't find any alternatives.

That new Jap Civic Type R looks.....well, wow! Inside and out! How does it go Kimbers? Have you exercised your supreme executive power and took it out for a run yet?

I have an '02 Honda Integra (Acura RSX Type-S here in the US) in pearl white with limo tint windows.

I put the Type-R limited slip diff in it and the '06 RSX Type-S 17" wheels. Really love that car, have 122,000miles on it.

Today I drove my roomate's Jade Green '06 RSX Type-S to work (he's in Iraq for a few months).

Feels very different, much newer with only 22,000miles. Shifter is firmer and notchier, clutch is weird... etc. Amazing how different they feel being nearly identical.

Very fun cars. And I get 42.5mpg (US gal)!

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• 7 years later...

superdavelotus >>> no, thats not me unfortunately, although I'm almost 100% certain that the Tim Shaw that owns that particular Esprit is one of the DJ's at Kerrang radio.

Had the suspension checked over, there appears to be nothing wrong with it. Just have to put up with it sounding like someone "at it" on a squeeky bed whilst driving through town (well its not quite that bad, but....)

Still no data cable so no pics as yet :rofl: Spent the day ripping out the old double DIN stereo and replacing it with something a little more normal, which was fine until I realised I'd be left with a gaping hole in the dash! Can get a spare fascia from Honda, but it's an order from Japan jobby (is a carbon-effect item with Integra Type R stamped on it), so god knows how long it would take, and I can't find any alternatives.

That new Jap Civic Type R looks.....well, wow! Inside and out! How does it go Kimbers? Have you exercised your supreme executive power and took it out for a run yet?

Sorry again for the thread resurrection but if my front bushes are squeaking (not sure which ones, but must be them because my front suspension spring and shock were installed two days ago and its still doing it) can i just lubricate the bushes with something to stop it?  The rubber is one the way out but there is still life there in them, what do i use?

Ben

My suggestion is to go into the Stephens Esprit/ technical section I have linked below and post up a new topic asking exactly the same as above. It will get more replies than here which is totally unlinked.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/forum/89-suspensionbrakeswheelshubssteeringgeo/

Well found though! I remember posting my post back in 07 when I worked at a Honda dealer!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer