Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hybrid turbo or not - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Hybrid turbo or not

Hi folks,

On my S4s there are some ugrades carried out by a previous owner / owners.

Cat By Pass

High flow exhaust

Bov

K&N filter

Carbon Airbox

Chip#5, which I just found out from Marcus is a cloned chip (plan to replace it with chip#6 from PUK)

I can't contact the previous owner, as I woundering how would I know if the Turbo has been upgraded?

Are there any tell tail signs on the outside of the turbo casing etc.

cheers

Irish Dave

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bibs,

I was thinking that if you get your turbo refurbished / upgraded that the company that carries out the work

would inscribe a number or signature on the inlet housing to identify there work, maybe for warranty etc.

cheers

Irish Dave

A John Welch one will have a new bespoke bearing housing for the ceramic bearing, this is the just one end. mines anodised blue.

my old one had turbotechnics dynamics or some such on the actuator, showing that either it all came from there re conned before, or just the actuator.

some may have engraved details on, I've seen that before.

definitely recommend the JW hybrid ceramic jobbie. 1.25 bar whenever you like. but buy a stock of rear tyres before fitting it...

If you read his details about them, std one aint much cop over std output, so a better efficiency makes sense. its all mid range and top end urge mine now, superb..