Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bought a personalised registration number - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Bought a personalised registration number

Bazza 907

I know that for many people the whole idea of a personalised plate is crazy and to a large extent I agree. But I've always thought that if it was a really good one then I might be interested.

So...I've just bought the plate "1 ESX" to go on the Essex. I'll keep the existing plate on retention to use again if I ever sold the car.

Happy to accept any comments that I've got more money than sense but I don't think that I'll lose money if ever I wanted to sell it. Having said that I have no intention of selling either in the foreseeable (20+ years) future.

Bazza

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a personalised reg - if you get a good one then they're great. As for more money than sense.......If you have enough money to buy what you want then can you be considered as stupid?

Enjoy it!

Cheers,

Paul

I know that for many people the whole idea of a personalised plate is crazy and to a large extent I agree. But I've always thought that if it was a really good one then I might be interested.

So...I've just bought the plate "1 ESX" to go on the Essex. I'll keep the existing plate on retention to use again if I ever sold the car.

Happy to accept any comments that I've got more money than sense but I don't think that I'll lose money if ever I wanted to sell it. Having said that I have no intention of selling either in the foreseeable (20+ years) future.

Bazza

Shame the E and the S were not the other way round...THEN it would be a great plate!

I like it - good move.

I also think some people will mistake it for an attempt at what Chris was getting at, so if you get more offers rolling in - you will know what it is!

Iain

Edited by iainskea

Thanks chaps

Cost - well I'd rather not say because as you may know Mrs Bazza sometimes looks here and it will cost me a Hermes Birkin handbag or two (more likely) if she finds out - trust me they are really not cheap :fun:

Bazza

Extremely distinctive plate that matches perfectly. Well done and I look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

My car came with a FOX ***V plate on it for free and I've kind of left it there as it seems to suit the car. I also bought another plate for

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Nice plate, Baz :unworthy:

And never let it be said that young Chris is anything but predictable :fun::lol:

More of the "young", James!

As for that plate on Ebay, cant stand it when a srew is put over a number to make it appear to be something else, PATHETIC! If you cant afford the right one, dont bother...

Edited by esprit22

At 2K, it makes you wonder how much 'LOTUS' would cost these days.

Iain

A10 TUS was up for over 20k a couple of years ago, I'm sure it was advertised some years ago in Club Lotus News for 1k ono.

Maybe one of you guys will know. Have sold my recently damaged V6cav which is being collected this weekend. It did have a private plate on it which I have just put on retention, new number has been issued and tax disc been changed, thing is, the registration doc will take another 2 weeks to come back from the slow DVLA. So bloke paying and taking car without reg doc...is this ok to do??

As long as he has a receipt I'm sure that's fine.

Doesn't the V5 state that the registered owner is not necessarily the legal keeper. A receipt would make him the legal keeper, V5 or not.

Oh, and who would buy A10 TUS, sounds like atentus to me! :fun:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

You're welcome to give me 20k for it! I certainly didn't pay that much and I've had it for over ten years now, so it'd be a good investment for the next owner.

In the meantime, Howard found this one the other day:

3d-euro_flag-blue_border-regular.png

It can be on your car for a touch over