So I OWN a GT3

GordonMasson

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations, Gordon! :animier: Excellent choice! I love the GT3 -- always liked the 2-liter turbo and lack of rear wing.

Nice work, Bibs and Troy!

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Well done Gordo! Looking forward to you travelling around to some meets and putting some miles on your new baby! I'm still smiling and it's been 6 weeks or so! B)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

That's a beautiful looking motor! I hope that I'm as fortunate when I'm in the market (only about 16 and a half months to go now :animier: )

More respect to Bibs and Troy for all the help they are able to give to people (can I book you both for summer 2009? :animier: )

Congratulations Gordon, car looks great and will cheer you up no end during these long, dark wintery months.

Maybe it's time to seek the services from the "dynamic duo" to find me that elusive 86/87 red turbo hc?!

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

nice one Gorden. Well done.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Hi guys

Thanks for all the responses ... yes it looks like a cracker and it will be nice to try life at the other end of the Esprit spectrum .... for a little while but 0100G will always be top of the tree :animier:

I do have a bit of a problem tho.... i know S1's inside out but i dont have a clue about later Esprits with these turbo things :animier:

Bibs did take a pic of the engine for me but it looks like he was hungry at the time because he seems to have left his red sandwich box lying on top of my carbs...mind you ... spooky ... i cant see the carbs...... :animier:

IMG_5959.jpg

Well done Gordon, superb looking car. :animier:

No doubt replacing that front number plate will be top of your list!

Errrrm the number plate .... well yes ... it was the first thing that Fraser spotted and i was saying to Bibs on Monday night that we would have to change that.

Edited by GordonMasson

Nice 1 - karma working again.

Enjoy the car - GT3's are great fun to drive if you're not all that interested in burrying your head into the head rest !

Be great to hear your opinions of it when you've had a few goes.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

Congrats Gordon, theres some great people on here willing to go that extra mile for people buying Esprits blind! Been there too!

Also you will miss the lovely sound of those carbies burbling away. Theres something special about that sweet sound. I am going miss that too. All the best.

Kylie :animier:

350.gifNo.23

Hey dont worry Kylie i didnt sell 0100G ... its simply on extended loan to Lotus B)

Edited by USAndretti42
Removed quote

On loan long enough that obviously you miss it! . . . . so much that you bought another Esprit! :animier:

Edited by USAndretti42
Removed quote

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

You can never have too many Esprits can you Tony !! B)

Trust me , my pain is your gain.... if i take 0100G back we can kiss goodbye to our S1 suspension upgrade.....

I mean its not like i had a STABLE of S1's to pick from Tony so it would have been rude NOT to buy it :animier:

Edited by USAndretti42
Removed quote

nice to see another person own a "proper" esprit LOL, right off to marcus then for chip time & ram air mod, as im thinking you may get a little fed up of the stutter at just below 3k rpm oh and of course it will make it ALOT faster. if you do though remember the bov.

:animier:

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Congrats Gordon. The elise idea never really held water - not compared to a GT3. A lovely looking car - was that one of the press mules? I remember seeing an orange GT3 on the cover of something when it was released...

Congrats Gordon. The elise idea never really held water - not compared to a GT3. A lovely looking car - was that one of the press mules? I remember seeing an orange GT3 on the cover of something when it was released...

No its not the chrome orange colour its Norfolk Mustard (at least i think thats what the colour is called)

Any road up, it looks awsome !!!