Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Next AEG meeting Tues 4th Dec - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Next AEG meeting Tues 4th Dec

simonf

After the best AEG meeting yet, i think the general concensus was to hold another meeting in December even though we are to have Trevors Ale and Curry night - could we have your thoughts on that please.

I would also put forward the motion that it is held at The Bird in Hand again or 'Mikes Diner' in Deopham (just around the corner) because if you thought the photo's of Loti in the Bird in Hand were impressive Mikes is the next level as it is pretty much a shrine to Lotus!!!!! However this is a Burger Joint and may not suit everybodys pallet - again your thoughts please

Look farward to hearing from you all soon!

SiF

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm there chap :lol:

Venue - I'd probably go with the Bird In Hand but would be equally happy with the diner (provided they serve beer!). Whichever we don't use this time around could always be the venue for our next Norfolk meet.

BTW is it worth checking availability now 'cos of impending Xmas party/meal season?

Is there any reason why the meet cant be held on either a saturday or Sunday?? Would make a lot more sense.

Yes the reason is that we agreed all meetings would be on a school night! Seriously we did agree on the 1st Tuesday of the month the reason escapes me something to do with seloc or club lotus!

But seeing as it rains more often than not at the weekend - it would meen that a certain person would never get to come!!

I'm there chap :lol:

Venue - I'd probably go with the Bird In Hand but would be equally happy with the diner (provided they serve beer!). Whichever we don't use this time around could always be the venue for our next Norfolk meet.

BTW is it worth checking availability now 'cos of impending Xmas party/meal season?

Lets go B I H pub then, i will secure table immediately!

Edited by Tentenths

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Simply because when the idea for AEG was originally floated Tuesday evenings were the preferred choice of the majority of those who expressed interest in attending.

We have, however, briefly talked about organising an occasional weekend orientated run out with the cars, but my understanding is that these are likely to be in addition to the 'first Tuesday' evening meets. In all probability the first will be in February when we've pencilled-in a joint operation with the NMEG boys.

Simply because when the idea for AEG was originally floated Tuesday evenings were the preferred choice of the majority of those who expressed interest in attending.

TOO SLOW! They call me quick reply Si !!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

But seeing as it rains more often than not at the weekend - it would meen that a certain person would never get to come!!

It rains in Norfolk all the time anyway! Infact everytime I have left sunny Essex, and drove into Norfolk it bloody rains,and rains,and rains. :lol:

Midd week is ok if you live close, but for me to leave London, get home, get car, get through traffic then get to pub...be closeing time! BUT weekend, nice clear drive in daylight, spend all afternoon at pub, have a good butchers at all the cars, then nice relaxing blast home! ;)

Still, you guys have a good time, dont worry about little ol' me :crybaby:

I'd better turn up too !! :devil:

Keep off the straight and narrow

Xmasd dinner on 5th so might be dodgy....you never know might get the old girl sorted by then!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Xmasd dinner on 5th so might be dodgy....you never know might get the old girl sorted by then!

No, come as yourself. Masquerading as other forum members could end in tears....:animier:

I would also put forward the motion that it is held at The Bird in Hand again or 'Mikes Diner' in Deopham (just around the corner) because if you thought the photo's of Loti in the Bird in Hand were impressive Mikes is the next level as it is pretty much a shrine to Lotus!!!!! However this is a Burger Joint and may not suit everybodys pallet - again your thoughts please

Is Mike's the place that used to be a fish restaurant? (James, take note, I'm going for the 't' his weekend ^_^ )

Edited by RichardS3

Is Mike's the place that used to be a fish restaurant? (James, take note, I'm going for the 't' his weekend ^_^ )

Always been a burger restaurant to the best of my knowledge - its stuck in a barn somewhere behind a pub i think!

Reason for edit - why don't i spot my spelling mistakes until after i have hit the add reply button!!

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Richard,

You're thinking of the old Dog in Swardeston. The burger place is cool!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Oh go on then.

SiF - food required

James - ditto

Owen - ditto

Kimbers - ditto

Nick's Diner booked for Tuesday the 4th December for 8-8.30 provisionally booked for ten but will confirm numbers later.

James or Kimbers could you add there map as a clicky as i hav n't the foggiest idea how to do it.

Cheers guys

Nick's Diner location map

Scrub that i have done it* (and am feeling pretty smug!)

[* with a little help from your friends :)]

Edited by Tentenths

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Nick's Diner booked for Tuesday the 4th December for 8-8.30 provisionally booked for ten but will confirm numbers later.

James or Kimbers could you add there map as a clicky as i hav n't the foggiest idea how to do it.

Cheers guys

<a href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&rl...irections-toSiF" target="_blank">http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&rl...irections-toSiF</a>

Scrub that i have done it (and am feeling pretty smug!)

Smug my backside! That clicky shows a map of England, France and Germany. I assume it's somewhere in that area?