Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Pricing of New Esprit (?) - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Pricing of New Esprit (?)

Feffman

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM
.....I'd hope the new Esprit would have some adjustability which may encourage a little more competetive use. .....

What is the problem, the last Esprit was adjustable in ridehight, and toe and so on!?

Ok, the shim metod is not the best way to adjust it fast, but it is possible... .

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

The other thing is the other car manufacturers usually get the gremlins sorted out as they have more cash to spend on development. Iam not saying that they don't have their problems but Lotus usually get the car out then look to sorting the problems out. More 'development in production'. We only have to look at the early V8's and other models. Nothing wrong with them but they did have some problems.

A few people here would say I am having a pop but Iam not, I love Lotus and have had 4 Esprits but they are all used.

I would buy a new Esprit after it's been out for a year or two.

That may have been the case in the cash-strapped days of 10 years ago but, and feel free to correct me if I am wrong, the Elise didn't suffer badly from new model problems. It was a brand-new platform which meant a lot of development was needed especially as it used a new manufacturing method. On the positive side this meant that it didn't inherit any limitations from old design. The reliability of the Elise bodes well for any new Lotus, I think.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

It's true that the Elise brand has helped all of Lotus's residuals. As with many brands, if you get an ultra reliable desirable car the residuals stand strong and this in turn bleeds over to other models, be they new or classic.

The amazing thing about the 2 new models is the time frame. Most main stream brands take between 3 and 6 years to develop and bring out a new model and then mainly when it is developed off another existing car. For Lotus to design, develop, test and produce a totally new car, from scratch is just unheard of in the motor industry today.

It has been known in the past by.....hmmmm....Lotus (Elite) and the old Esprit was really only 3 years in development at most.

The Eagle in 18mnths to 2 years is a testament to Lotus's ingenuity and Engineering skill. To then bring out another new Model (the new Mid Engined sportscar) 12 months later is just amazing.

Just thought I'd mention that.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

You're not wrong matey! :thumbsup:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

That's the problem Kimbers, as far as Iam concerned Lotus only make one model thesedays, the Elise! All these so called other models are just revamped Elises, all with high sills that you can't get in and out of. The reason why they haven't got other models is because they haven't got the resourses.

I still wouldn't buy an new Esprit if it was priced at over

I can't afford it :)

Here's a muse though... :)

If i could, then i'd not be rushing to buy the first ones. If lotus stick to previous form

then within 6 months there will be an Esprit S, then an esprit 450S, then a stripped

out 500gt, then one would assume a Sport 550 etc, etc... Just look at the Elises and

then figure on paying for the 'latest spec' performance upgrade before the car is even

halfway through it's warranty. I could be wrong, but waiting a year might well get you

a better variant, and if you can't afford that then snap up one of the first cars whose

value is prematurely lowered by the introduction of the S/SE/GT/whatever they wheel

out.

?

And here's an investment example: Go back to 1993 and i buy my first house for

Increased 'value' of houses is only worth something if you're selling up and moving into a caravan. It only looks good on paper, because while your house is worth more so is the next one you're hoping to buy. Sure, you can use the extra 'value' to borrow against but that's dangerous game.

A car can never be considered to be an appreciating asset. If you want to dabble in stocks and shares, investment funds, isas etc then wake me up when you've finished discussing them! Zzzzzz. :D

The point about waiting for the next variant is a curious one, too. Where do you draw the line? You don't buy the first, you wait. Not this higher power variant either, you wait. Not a stripped out track special, you wait. Not this one, it's a last of the line run-out model, you wait for the next car.....

All of a sudden you haven't bought one and have missed out on a whole heap of fun.

Increased 'value' of houses is only worth something if you're selling up and moving into a caravan. It only looks good on paper, because while your house is worth more so is the next one you're hoping to buy.

This is my point. If in 1993 i had bought an Esprit instead of a house, and stayed living

at my folks then sure everyone would have thought i was the coolest guy, having a new

Esprit at 21 years old.

But in 2006 i'd be in the position some of my friends are in now. It is REAL on paper, i could

move back to my folks and be in the same situation as them again, but with a very real

I agree that I won't be spending

I bought my first house for 62k and 9 months later it was worth 42k.Anyone remember that time???

Four years ago I bought a new Range Rover for 59k cash and sold it 15 months later for 34k,I have also made on property. Who cares as long as you are happy with your own decisions.

I agree with Kimbers.I really want Lotus to produce an Esprit that has a price tag that means that they can afford to produce a supercar to compete with the best .AND stay in business.If that means its

If i could, then i'd not be rushing to buy the first ones. If lotus stick to previous form

then within 6 months there will be an Esprit S, then an esprit 450S, then a stripped

out 500gt, then one would assume a Sport 550 etc, etc... Just look at the Elises and

then figure on paying for the 'latest spec' performance upgrade before the car is even

halfway through it's warranty. I could be wrong, but waiting a year might well get you

a better variant, and if you can't afford that then snap up one of the first cars whose

value is prematurely lowered by the introduction of the S/SE/GT/whatever they wheel

out.

There was a guy at LOG 26 in Dallas last year who went ballistic when Lotus Cars USA (LCU) announced the Exige S. He'd been told over and over again by the local dealer that LCU would NOT bring the Exige S to our shores. He was sitting in the bar very publicly crucifying his dealer, LCU and anyone involved for "Devaluing" his 8 week old Exige by 25% for not being up front about the Exige S.

Feff

To be fair, us dealers don't always know what's going on! :D