Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AEG meet February - Page 2 - UK - East Anglia - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AEG meet February

andydclements

If you are all interested please let me know , you can email me at nick@coachtrimmer.co.uk

Regards,

Nick Fulcher.

Nick, you know there's no question.

Of course we're interested.

You know we roate, Norwich (Bird in hand or similar, Diss Pykkerell Inn, and Cambridge), so you've got an open invitation to any of the regular Tuesday evening ones, or I hope we'll do a few weekend runs soon.

I'd say let us know which location (s) suit you, and then we'll just have to make sure we turn up early, book venue etc.

Andy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Andy

Thank you for a fast reply, the Bird in Hand would suit me down to the ground as it's only 10-15 min from workshops.

I did not know that you all met at different venues throughout the year, I am afraid I don't know very many of the LEF crew but you all sound Lotus mad like me.

Just let me know when you are going to meet at the Bird in Hand and I will turn up and bore you all to tears for a couple of hours. so get your questions ready and I will do my best to answer them all .

Nick Fulcher.

Mike Kimberley's 'Can Do' Trim Guru

Hi Nick,

I think the Bird in Hand meeting should be 4th March going on our usual rota. You are more than welcome to meet us for the cambridge meeting (just out of Suffolk really!) which is next tuesday. We are headed to the Ancient Shepherd and what i can tell you about that pub is the hospitality was first class and the food even better!! well worth the 70min drive!

Best wishes

Simonf

Ps OwenGT3 will be please to see you, i think he said you did a trimming job for him and as he was strapped for cash at the time you taught him to do some of the jobs himself, but i am sure he will eloborate!

Edited by simonf

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Hi Simon,

Very many thanks for the open invitation to your meetings, I will not be able to attend the meeting next Tuesday as I will be busy fitting a headlining in a Pontiac for my sins and will not have time to get there, however I will be able to make the meeting in March so if you would like me to attend I will be very happy to do so and meet you all, even Owen.

wish you all a good weekend.

Nick Fulcher.

Mike Kimberley's 'Can Do' Trim Guru

Do you guys mind another newcomer attending at Cambridge Tuesday night. Time is rarely on my side, but providing the M25 and M11 play fair (I can wish) I would like to meet up with some more Esprit people, especially as this is relatively close to home. For info, I work on engine design particularly Primary Drives, so is anyone interested in long life belts.

Regards

Ralph Wilton

Mind? We'll be positively delighted to see you, Ralph :)

You eating with us? If it helps your decision the food is excellent, and the beer's not bad either!

Look forward to meeting you on Tuesday.

James

PS Welcome aboard the good ship LEF (and AEG).

I'll be there guys. AND! in the Esprit! Anyone want a lift?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

James, until he turns up in the Esprit I think we'll hold off on that.

And what will you be in Andy? :devil:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Hi,

I've just add another TWO! I'm bringing the wife!

Andy - food required

James - ditto

Simon - ditto

Steve - ditto

Tobi + husband - ditto

Brendan - ditto

Kimbers - ditto

Ralph - ditto

Owen + Tracy - ditto

Owen

Hi,

Yes we finally got electric back after two hours, only for it to go out again after 15 minutes, but then it did come on again after half an hour. You suddenly realise how black night is, couldn't see a thing! Luckily being a seventies child, are familiar with power cuts (yes last labour govenment), we have candles in the house. We also didn't miss out on TV although it was just the boring four channels! I have a portable radio/TV unit, so we hook that up and watched Harry Hills TV burps on a 4" screen, B&W! :devil:

I take it you were out as well, or just heard about it?

As for Tracy coming, I had planned a works meal for last Friday several weeks ago, and as the weather decided to be the worst it could be on the one night I wanted it fine, we never ended up at the venue Friday, only getting as far as Thickthorn. We had booked at Nick's Diner as it was so good, the Smart car isn't the best car for driving in snow, and I didn't think the Lotus would be much better so we returned home. By the time we got home the weather had eased off, but we were so late now it wasn't worth turning out. So to make up for it T's coming on Tueday (unless snow!)

So with not making booked meals, power cuts it's been an eventful weekend. Up side is I just bid and won a GT3 brouchure from eBay and he's in Norwich so hopefully I can collect.

See you Tueday. I'll make my own way as I don't know what time I'm leaving.

Owen.

Owen,

Did you or Simon ever look at that Essex couloured Turbo that's for sale again (still) in Norwich ?

If so what was it like ?

Nifty.

Keep off the straight and narrow

What time at Thickthorn then me old muckers?

Hurrah!! The timeshare Esprit (temporarily) fixed this morning. An hour or so's test drive suggests that it should be okay for a trip to Fen Ditton and back :devil:

Judging by the colour of what was left of the 'old' clutch fluid (black) one or more of the clutch cylinder seals have lost the will to live. Flushed all the old out and refilled with new. Should be okay for a few miles. Will book in with Gerald T to have the cylinder(s) replaced, swap the red hose for a nice braided item and whilst we're at it have the upgraded Lotus suspension fitted all round (weeping front shock and MOT imminent).

So if my assumptions are correct, that should make seven Esprits attending then?

Owen

Brendan

Kimbers

Toni

Andy

Steve/James

Ralph

What about RichardS3 and Buddsy? This could be the biggest turn out so far!

Steve & James, what have you been doing on the car since it's little loss of clutch incident.

It should have been a simple top up fluid and bleed through.

In the mean time I've had to replace the steering rack, adjust the ride height & tracking. Remove the binnacle, repair 1 dial, fit the back light on another 2, swap over the rev counter dial, refit the binnacle. Remove, repair and refit the rad fan cowling. Repair porous ali pipe.

Think that's it.

Owen, I went to Homebase on Hall road, thought it strange it was closed, thought it strange the traffic lights were out adjacent to it, then went to B&Q, it too was closed, then realised the lights were out in al the houses, nearly all the way to the inner link road.

Andy.

Guys!!! Time to meet up at Thickthorn?

Also anyone post up an address or map of where we're going?

Steve & James, what have you been doing on the car since it's little loss of clutch incident.

It should have been a simple top up fluid and bleed through.

That's exactly what we thought. Have done it three times since Xmas. Appeared to have resolved the problem on each occasion only to have the symptoms return after driving the car for more than 5 miles or so. Hence today's decision to replace the clutch fluid in its entirety.