Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
[PH-bot] LOTUS ESPRIT V8 TWIN TURBO (4,000GBP) - For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

[PH-bot] LOTUS ESPRIT V8 TWIN TURBO (4,000GBP)

Pistonheads

1996 Lotus Esprit v8 twin turbo with 44,876 miles and comes with 7 service stamps . the car is finished in red with dark gray and red piping. the body work is truly execptional and will be one of the best you will see. the interior is execlent as well with only some very minor ware on the piping on the drivers seat and a small aera of venier is damaged on the wood on the dash.the cars performance is amazing and has the benifit of a new clutch 100 miles ago . i have spent a lot of money on this esprit as i was going to keep it for my self but require to relise some cash so it will be sold .

View the full article

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to LEW production did start in 1996.

This would be one of the first off the production line.

I seem remember someone else posting something about Ettington garage so perhaps the car is known to someone here.

Even though it only has 7 service stamps (it is 12 years old) and would be a prime candidate for piston lining failure (unless engine already replaced)

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Sounds like one of the typical Pistonheads scams with that price.

eBay add was a Stratford location, Pistonheads says Exeter?

plus still on Autotrader at

87 HC Turbo to Elise & now turned to the darkside with an AM Vantage

Just damaged the veneer getting the speedo out you understand ...cough ...cough.Ye ssir mileage looks right ,look its got some stamps...... :)

Was going to keep it myself...pleeeeaaaassse....spare me.

Seen quite a few 1996 cars,mostly in Norfolk mustard and mostly very ropey, but they are about.

R

Latest update! It's ecoming a bit of a game now...

I told you i am currently out of town with some major problems so pick up isn't an option. Sorry about that... Hope you will understand... That is why I'm offering free delivery and a refund policy... If you think we can do a deal, please email me back with your full name and address so I can start the transaction on PistonHeads. Will wait your email. Thank you.

Here's my reply:-

Hi there,

I know you are out of town and you've said viewing is out of the question but how would you arrange delivery of this vehicle? Either you will be coming back or have to arrange a company to deliver this car. Someone must have keys or access to this car at time of delivery?

In this case, I would make sure I am there to see the car before handing over cash, no matter what time of day this is. Iam sure you can understand.

If you want the cash then this is the only way I would make a deal.

Regards,

Dave Walters

AD WITHDRAWN

Once made contact with someone advertising a motorbike at well below value, but only through ask seller a question not throug email has he asked,. The bike was being sold Yorkshire way but in the reply it was suddenly in Germany due to his wifes job,needless to say I quickly avoided.

logo_01-2.jpg

Hi all,

Gut is still trying and here are the latest replies:-

the shipping company doesn't take cash money and doesn't close any deal on my behalf .the method that you suggested seems to be waste of time .

And my reply:-

Hi again,

Firstly, I don't have any details from you, your full name and UK address, and landline telephone number etc. Do you have the documents with you? If so, please tell me the VIN and engine number?

I can check with DVLA if you are the registered keeper.

I can do same day chaps transfer of money if your delivery company won't accept cash. They must have access to the car, so I would meet them, see the car and do the transfer there and then which takes about 2-3 hours to get into your bank account anywhere in the world provided I do the transfer at my end before 12 noon.

You can't fairer than that, I see the car, you get you money wired same day (within 3 hours) and if you insist on delivering the car then so be it.

There's no other reason for not doing the deal, unless this is a scam?

Regards,

Dave Walters