Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Aaaargh. What have I done! - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Aaaargh. What have I done!

stephenbirdsall

We went out as a family yesterday to look at the pet shop because my youngest has been going on and on about us getting him a pet.

Little did I know that the missus was thinking about getting something small, like a hamster or a rabbit. Fortunately the shop we visited didn't have much of a selection (could be due to the fact it was mid-afternoon, heh-heh) so she couldn't see anything that she liked.

She then says, shall we go and look at the kennels over by Salcey Forrest to which I unwittingly said OK. *shakes his head in disgust*

We have a look at the dogs and of course, we all fall in love with this little 10 week old whippet. As you have probably already guessed, we just had to have him and so we paid the price and brought him home.

Now we only have to pay the price for the next 10-15 years......

After a nice sleepless night last night, I am thinking about going to bed now, and this is from someone who doesn't normally see his bed before midnight, normally closer to 1 or 2am.

Anyway, I thought I'd provide the opportunity for you all to point and laugh and I'll get back to see the comments tomorrow.....

:D:):):wacko::):):):lol:

G'night one and all.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Troy Halliday

Ah the joys of spontantious shopping :)

I posted a while back saying we were looking at getting a dog. Well Caroline has been ringing round all the pet sancturies and finaly made a call to the RSPCA who have said that there is a litter of Alaskan Malamute that are a week old and that we will be able to have one as soon as they are able to leave their mother. I'm well chuffed ......... couldn't be happier. We will be going to see them soon so that the pup and we can choose each other. Feel like a kid at Christmas. I will have the dog at the workshop with me most of the time so if all those who are scared of dogs can send me a picture of themselves so that I can begin to train the pup early to look menacing when you turn up :) .

I've been trying to read up as much as I can on them so we can do the best for the pup. Can you tell I am excited :)

No arguement here matey. I bought a dog when she was a puppy, thinking she'd grow but she didn't. I now have a very cute rat! Most Jacks are small but she's tiny!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Here's mine getting all friendly with Bibs and Laura.

IMGP2682.jpg

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Ok so we're all getting our pups out - Daisy 12 weeks She's only a little bigger now (6months):

PICT0019.jpg

Top Pup.

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

I've had dogs my entire life and can't imagine going without. I had to put down my youngest last summer at 15 years old. After much debate, I decided to get another pup to keep my oldest dog, Lady, company. Lady is 17 years and the pup is now 9 months...

Bigbird, have you considered crate training your pup? It makes for much better sleep and less chewed slippers as they go through adolesence!

Lady and Layla:

DSC00213.JPG

Crate = cage

Yes, my pup spends time in the crate at night and any time when there is no supervision around. She now thinks of it as her 'home' and doesn't mind going in the crate. The first couple times, she got need and started crying. Whatever you do, don't let them out of the crate while they are whining; it teaches them that they get what they want when they cry.

I found I had to take the girlfriend shopping in order to avoid her letting the pup out of the cage :)

Click here for the latest photo of Copper. Thanks for the advice Russ, he is being fed in his cage and has his collar put on beforehand also so that he gets used to both.

I'll have the opportunity to be cruel to be kind tomorrow as I'm working from home. What we'll be doing is to have the cage in the kitchen, open so that he can move around freely. It will be positioned so as to prevent access to any of the cupboards containing food, the fridge and the bin, and the rest of the floor is covered with newspaper to allow for accidents.

As time goes on and he is learning to use the paper, the amount that is put on the floor gets reduced.

That's the idea anyway. Now to turn the theory into reality........

• 3 weeks later...

Caroline and I went up to pick out our puppy today. We stayed for a while for the dogs to get used to us while we picked a pup and let one pic us. Well we finally made out choice, Caroline wanted to take 3 of them home with us, but eventualy we picked one. I got a photo but it is somewhat blurry as I couldn't get them to sit still. All being well we should have it in a couple of weeks. We have decided to call her Tikaani (subject to terms and conditions and a 5 year old causing issues).

05032008036.jpg

:harhar:

• Gold FFM
05032008036.jpg

:P

Thats either sawdust, its snowed reciently, or the deepest shagpile carpet I've ever seen.

Lovely looking Pup

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!